Ponds in Cedartown

gonfishin1670

Was looking at buying 12 acres in Cedartown this past weekend and came across 3 ponds fairly close together out towards cave springs road.
According to google maps they are named Smith Lake, Kilpatrick Lake and Hunts Lake.

The property I was interested in borders Hunts lake. Looks to be about 3-4 acre lake.
Beautiful looking lake this time of year.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these lakes and the potential they have for fishing?

I’m a bit concerned though because google maps image was taken in the summer apparently and it appears there is a lot of floating algae covering the lake or it’s actually nearly dried up and it’s mud the image is conveying.

Seller said Lilly pads that die off in winter but the image does not look like Lilly pads at all. Another agent says he thinks it nearly dries up in the summer… but he wasn’t too sure either.

Really appreciate some input if anyone knows the health and fishing potential of Hunts lake in the summer.

westcobbdog

Don't know about the lakes, just know if you own part of a lake or pond the dam's health is very important. Love that area and every few years visit Cave Spring and fill up my large water containers, rated the second best drinking water in ga., according to a local.