Pop-up Blinds

QuackAddict

I am about to purchase a new pop-up blind for bowhunting turkeys. I only want to spend about $100 and I have been looking at the Doghouse. What are the pro/cons of this blind? Can you draw back your bow while sitting in a chair? Can you see out of the windows and shoot if you were sitting on the ground in the blind? Could two people hunt comfortably when hunting with shotguns? Anyone have any feedback on this blind or any other blinds?

Arrow Flinger

I have one and it is great for turkey hunting. I have a hard time drawing a bow out of mine but I am 6'2 and long armed. I can draw corner to corner and slide into a shooting window. The windows are too high to shoot sitting on the ground but you can shoot from your knees. Plenty of room for 2 hunters with a shotgun. You should be able to find one on clearance at Walmart for a deal right now.

Jody Hawk

I have one but it just ain't big enough. With mine I have a hard time drawing in mine as well without hitting the top. If I ever get another one I'm gonna save up for a Double Bull.

turk2di

Jody Hawk said:
I have one but it just ain't big enough. With mine I have a hard time drawing in mine as well without hitting the top. If I ever get another one I'm gonna save up for a Double Bull.
I have the Ameristep"Brickhouse" blind that is very similar to the DoubleBull, just slightly smaller. And for half the price with better camo! Plenty of room for two for under $175

QuackAddict

I was going to get the Doghouse from Bass Pro but I logged on to Ebay to see what was there. I got the Brickhouse TSC in MOBU w/ shipping for $100. That's the same price as the doghouse at BP and it is supposedly scent free. I guess leaving the blind in the sun would recharge the carbon layer.

How do ya'll use the Doghouse?

Do you set it up prior to the hunt in a good spot and then try call to it? I guess you set up decoys nearby?