Attachments

• gs_15 01 13_0023.jpg
    gs_15 01 13_0023.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 164

carver

looks like a dinosaur,nice capture Leo

wvdawg

Staff member
Good one Leo! Looks like it posed real nice for you.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Thanks all :)

Good one Leo! Looks like it posed real nice for you.

Yep, The day was a brisk day and the bird was trying to snooze on the beach when I came along..... it gave me a couple of poses;)

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Leo,

Wow, your photo is amazing as it shows every definitive characteristic that most of us would NEVER get a chance to see.

Thanks for sharing this great photo with all of us.

ps: Strangely enough, a couple of nights ago, I was looking at some of my older photos of pelicans while I was visiting the boardwalk area in Kemah, Texas. A few of these photos actually showed their flight right above the water and also the splash of the pelican's feet as it touched the water's surface as well. Of course, these were done with my little "nothing fancy" Olympus Model SP-560 UZ camera with an 18X optical zoom. I bought it back in 2008 for my trip to Alaska because I wanted a better zoom capability for that trip. It is just a "run of the mill" type camera that is easy to operate and I have used it extensively during the past several years and it has done well for my needs.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Leo,

Wow, your photo is amazing as it shows every definitive characteristic that most of us would NEVER get a chance to see.

Thanks for sharing this great photo with all of us.

ps: Strangely enough, a couple of nights ago, I was looking at some of my older photos of pelicans while I was visiting the boardwalk area in Kemah, Texas. A few of these photos actually showed their flight right above the water and also the splash of the pelican's feet as it touched the water's surface as well. Of course, these were done with my little "nothing fancy" Olympus Model SP-560 UZ camera with an 18X optical zoom. I bought it back in 2008 for my trip to Alaska because I wanted a better zoom capability for that trip. It is just a "run of the mill" type camera that is easy to operate and I have used it extensively during the past several years and it has done well for my needs.

Thanks, You need to share your older pics with us :)

I try to take a lot of shots of the Pelicans skimming the wave tops during my beach walks, but I don't have much luck with any BIF's and get no keepers.

I still have my OLY SP-550 UZ 18x and it still takes fine shots.

Last edited: