Post your favorite

CrossCentered

I am in deer season/ no picked out spot withdrawal. Looking at the post of the abandoned deer stands had me thinking of posting this. Post your favorite deer stand, and pictures of what you are over looking. A bonus would be story of why you love that spot, and what made you choose it.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Not my favorite spot but one that’s near the top , just an old dead end grown up road that had several trails crossing it , me and my dad built a box stand and put it at the end of the road and after about 4 seasons we got it cleaned out good enough to plant a small food plot , just one of those places that u see a lot of deer all day , the things that make it special to me is I’ve killed my biggest buck and watched my daughter kill her first deer, a button buck and also her first racked buck , but most of all the good times her and I have spent in this spot, and a few good naps B60A63FE-6E40-4A69-9152-859131E1317E.jpeg88A917F5-DDBE-4449-A6A9-B538C79E0F5A.jpeg6E69AF6A-699A-41E2-B3E6-30AD66C33404.jpeg

Triple C

My last sit of the season always takes place in one of the 2 stands in the pics below. The older I get the more I cherish the last sit of each season. It's like the passing of another year. The years in front of me are much less than the years behind me, making each season ending sit in a stand more precious.

1st pic is in the lower section of our property. Just behind this stand is a large wetlands with beaver ponds. I love hearing the geese coming in and the wood ducks whistling just as the sun is setting. I've watched countless deer from this stand.
Lower Lower.jpg

The pic below is from the north end of the same field as the previous pic. Not as close to the wetlands but can still hear the geese honking as they circle. My grandson killed the only buck taken from our property last season from this stand. It was my last sit this past season. Pic was just after the sun rose that morning.
Upper Lower.jpg

Jimmypop

My box blind and a view to the east on a late November morning. It is not only my favorite but now the only place I can hunt any more due to health issues. So far I still have been able to fill my freezer each year. I get to see a lot of wildlife and the fall colors on the mountain are really pretty.

Attachments

• 0812180920.jpg
    0812180920.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 1124180948.jpg
    1124180948.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 33

buckpasser

Above is from my favorite stand. It’s a simple lock on with shooting rail about 40’ up a giant loblolly. It has a very small abandoned food plot, a major creek crossing, and overlooks about 15 acres of prime bedding filled with palmettos and plume grass. I have a few lanes that I keep beat down and I’m able to routinely watch 20 plus deer bed in close proximity on a good cool morning. I killed a 147 2/8 and a 142 4/8 from it and many other mature bucks over the years. I also attached a pic of doe with a white diamond on her forehead that’s ten if she’s one that I’ve watched for many years.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
My favorite stands were the tree houses I built in the late 80's and early 90's from 40 to 75' up. Just because of the effort. I have no pics from back then. This stand has meant the most. It has been to 4 different properties in the last 24 years. New plywood 3 times. My son hunted out of it at 5. Now my granddaughter hunts out of it at the same age. It's had some nice views through the years. A lot of good times.
And my powerline stand from the 90's.

Attachments

• 1995.JPG
    1995.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 28
  • 2007.JPG
    2007.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2010.JPG
    2010.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2014.jpg
    2014.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2013.jpg
    2013.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2018-2.jpg
    2018-2.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Strip1.jpg
    Strip1.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 33
  • gn.JPG
    gn.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 32

buckpasser

My favorite stands were the tree houses I built in the late 80's and early 90's from 40 to 75' up. Just because of the effort. I have no pics from back then. This stand has meant the most. It has been to 4 different properties in the last 24 years. New plywood 3 times. My son hunted out of it at 5. Now my granddaughter hunts out of it at the same age. It's had some nice views through the years. A lot of good times.
And my powerline stand from the 90's.

75’ up? That’s outstanding! I’d like to sit that one.

XIronheadX

75’ up? That’s outstanding! I’d like to sit that one.
Carpenters have fun with 10 inch spikes. lol. Out 80 about 10 miles from Wrens. Maybe the remnants are still there from the early 90's. Nice big white oak. I dropped a 50 ft rope for my brother n law to tie some boards to. He laughed when it was nowhere near the ground.
Here's a lock on 44 ft up a big red oak in Washington Co. in the 90's. 5-8 ft 4x4's with rebar steps strapped to the tree. That last piece is 4 ft. Tree about 4 ft diameter.08-12-2007 09;51;17AM.JPG

XIronheadX

Not bowhunting that high lol. Our bow stands are 20 ft sticks with about 3 screw ins added 18 to 23 ft. usually. That pic is a lock on with a full rail. Old Warren and Sweat stand from back then.

Last edited: