POSTAGE STAMP PRICE 10 % INCREASE EFFECTIVE JANUARY 27, 2019

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
IF YOU DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW, THERE IS A HEFTY 10 % INCREASE ON 1ST CLASS POSTAGE STAMPS EFFECTIVE JANUARY 27, 2019.

THAT IS GETTING HERE RATHER QUICKLY TOO.

I USE A LOT OF POSTAGE STAMPS ON A DAILY BASIS AND I WILL BE PURCHASING $500 WORTH OF THEM (1000 STAMPS) LATER THIS AFTERNOON TO HEDGE THE COST SOMEWHAT. AS THIS DEADLINE GETS CLOSER, I MIGHT EVEN PURCHASE ANOTHER $500 WORTH (ANOTHER 1000 STAMPS) AS THESE STAMPS DON'T GO BAD BEING THE "FOREVER TYPE". ONE THING FOR SURE, YOU CAN'T MAKE 10 PERCENT INTEREST ON YOUR MONEY IN THE BANK, SO FOR ME, THIS IS THE MORE WISE THING TO DO AT THIS POINT.

SEE THIS LINK BELOW:

Summary of the 2019 Postage Rate Increase: Domestic Mailing: The First Class Mail Letter (1 oz.) rate for postage purchased at the Post Office will increase by five cents to $0.55 from $0.50 (WHICH IS A 10 PERCENT INCREASE). Each additional ounce for a First Class Mail letter will cost $0.15 (a decrease from $0.21).

PS: HOW MANY OF YOU GOT A 10 PERCENT SALARY INCREASE DURING THE PREVIOUS YEAR ????? SURELY NOT ME !!!!!!! :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

Last edited:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Now I know I'm get'n old. I can remember my Dad fuss'n about having to pay as much for a stamp as he did a co-coler...10 cents.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
i'll just keep email customers invoices and statements.

to the ones that require a copy mailed, I am thinking about instituting a fee for doing that. It costs a lot of money to print, fold, insert, stamp, and mail a bill now days.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Bought a couple extra rolls a few weeks ago. Might get a couple more.

sinclair1

We don't send as many now, but in the past your move was one we made also. I still sneak stamps from our business.
I only send samples and the customer pays, so no real impact on us, I would have just bought now to make a dime on what the customers pays :ROFLMAO:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Either:

Eliminate the USPS(and use the 4 billion for border security) or just cut mail delivery to 1 or 2 days a week per address.

Cut delivery to 1 or 2 days a week.

Why not let the private sector handle it?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Either:

Eliminate the USPS(and use the 4 billion for border security) or just cut mail delivery to 1 or 2 days a week per address.

Cut delivery to 1 or 2 days a week.

Why not let the private sector handle it?
Private sector does handle it. USPS isn't federally funded.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Private sector does handle it. USPS isn't federally funded.

How about we remove the monopoly status, end the tax breaks, and stop loaning the USPS 15 billion dollars at a 1.2% rate?

Let them sink or swim on their own.

http://fortune.com/2015/03/27/us-postal-service/

American taxpayers subsidize the USPS at a rate that surpasses the costs associated with any Congressional mandate. He estimates that, all told, the subsidies and legal monopolies that Congress bestows upon the post office is worth $18 billion annually.

The Postal Service, writes Shapiro, “can borrow from the U.S. Treasury through the Federal Financing Bank, at highly-subsidized interest rates.” It currently borrows the legal limit of $15.2 billion at a rate of 1.2%. Without this access, it would be paying somewhere between $415 million and $490 million per year more in interest.

The Post Office is exempt from state and local property and real estate taxes, along with other burdens like tolls, vehicle registration fees, and parking tickets. These exemptions save the USPS $2.18 billion per year.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I remember the old Coke machines with the small bottles,,,,

This thread is about the postal service 10% increase in Stamps, not the ol Co Cola bottles in machines. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think I've used 1 (one) stamp in the last year.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I think I've used 1 (one) stamp in the last year.

Yessir, they bout to break me. :bounce:

However, I'm in agreement with Jiminbogart here:

"How about we remove the monopoly status, end the tax breaks, and stop loaning the USPS 15 billion dollars at a 1.2% rate?

Let them sink or swim on their own."

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
If we taxed texts, emails, and on-line bill paying then people would go back to mailing letters, post cards and checks.

Oh wait that was a D suggestion a few years ago. Nevermind !

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
If we taxed texts, emails, and on-line bill paying then people would go back to mailing letters, post cards and checks.

Oh wait that was a D suggestion a few years ago. Nevermind !
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)