Pot vs Pills

chase870

Possum Sox
Value jet to Colorado go to the shops and see what works best for her, candy, cookies, and smoke. Once you crack the code you know which way to go

SarahFair

I know someone who had a dog with very aggressive bone cancer that would continuously cry and never get out of its bed and if she was out of her bed she was trying to crawl into someones lap for comfort.

The vet told them their options were to either amputate the leg and give her maybe another 6 months, put her on chemo and give her another few months, or let her live out her life in pain for another couple weeks.

The dog was 10 or 11 so amputating its leg for another maybe 6 months was just going to be torture for it, chemo was going to be torture for it, so they gave her the prescribe paint meditation so she could have a little more time.

The prescribed pain medication made her sick, not eat, and she continue to lay in bed unable to get out.

They came across a recipe to make oil from cannabis.
All they had to do was dip a grain of rice half way into the oil and give it to the dog.
I saw video. The dog that was so crippled it could barely walk was outside playing the next day, chasing a ball and looked genuinely happy.
She quit crying and trying to climb into peoples lap and she was eating again.

Everyday was not full of play, but she was much more comfortable.
She lived another month and half before it became too much for her to bare anymore and they put her down, but they still swear by the oil.

I think a months supply cost about $60 to make.

Im totally for it.

swamp hunter

My Nephew lives in Colorado..and he's a bit of an outlaw , so I'm good..

Oldstick

I have a close and elderly family member who was recently prescribed the marinol pills when she was admitted to the hospital due to severe mental conditions with dramatic weight loss. Medicare would only cover it in the hospital but no coverage after she was transferred to a nursing home, due to advanced dementia, transerred as per the doctor's orders.

I understand what you guys are saying and I have no scientific basis to disagree that. No worse or better than alcohol or pills etc., etc. etc. It is natural. So is arsenic, lead.

But based on "what I have been told" do you guys truly think there are no side effects from pot?

I am concerned about the driving aspect or operating machinery. I can assure anyone I can drive perfectly after 3 or 4 drinks or more, despite what the law says. Of course I would not attempt it because of the risk of legal punishment.

But from what I "was told" some many years ago, a few tokes "could" make me impaired enough for a serious on- road collision.

red neck richie

I had a friend that had cancer and did chemo. He smoked pot to help with the nausea. It helped with that but not with his mind. He was still stoned all the time. It will probably help with your appetite but not your mental capacity. I would do the pills.

Lilly001

I have a close and elderly family member who was recently prescribed the marinol pills when she was admitted to the hospital due to severe mental conditions with dramatic weight loss. Medicare would only cover it in the hospital but no coverage after she was transferred to a nursing home, due to advanced dementia, transerred as per the doctor's orders.

I understand what you guys are saying and I have no scientific basis to disagree that. No worse or better than alcohol or pills etc., etc. etc. It is natural. So is arsenic, lead.

But based on "what I have been told" do you guys truly think there are no side effects from pot?

I am concerned about the driving aspect or operating machinery. I can assure anyone I can drive perfectly after 3 or 4 drinks or more, despite what the law says. Of course I would not attempt it because of the risk of legal punishment.

But from what I "was told" some many years ago, a few tokes "could" make me impaired enough for a serious on- road collision.

I think the impairment issue has no bearing on medical use of pot.
Many accepted drugs have significant impairment effects.
I am NOT an advocate of recreational use of pot. We have more than enough recreational drugs to mess up as it is.
But I think the medical uses deserve a fair evaluation without the stigma of the illegal uses.:flag:

swamp hunter

My Bride will Not be operating Heavy Machinery.
Honey take the Skidder/ Buncher out and clear that back corner ain't gonna happen
Doing the dishes and running the clothes washer is about as close as she will come..