Preacher gets leniency after raping daughter

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
There are many examples in here of intelligent and intellectual people not purposely trying to cover up their ignorance by using big words and flamboyant styles but instead advertise their ignorance with humility in the hopes that someone more knowledgeable can help them become less ignorant.

There is evidence of a few pseudointellectuals who constantly use intellectual words, styles and terms but lack the intellectual rigor to consistently pull it off.

Sorry, no joke involved.

Israel

BANNED
here...lemme help you pat yerself on the back...it's kinda strainin' you...

"but instead advertise their ignorance with humility in the hopes that someone more knowledgeable can help them become less ignorant."

He's been my help all along.

But I can't lie, I don't advertise my ignorance with humility, I boast of it, gladly.

Here's a true thing of how very wrong I have been...and which so many have been more than eager to help me see, and so I thank God for them. The mercy of God. I thought I had some sort of appreciation of it,His forbearance, His longsuffering...and I see how little I have known of it. In fact, my ignorance was such as it could easily be said "I didn't know it at all..." that's how grossly ignorant I was.

I'd be worse than a fool to think "now I have seen it all to its limits", no, for in any moment... I may look at this very moment, in seconds, minutes, days or years and find myself no less in greater awe as to say "no, there also I severely underestimated God's mercy as to show myself completely ignorant of it..."

In truth, it is precisely what a man "like me" needs...far more mercy than he could ever imagine.

Yer all (as many as might agree) completely correct...I am nothing but a tool.

My hope lay in the One who, regardless of my outcome, has revealed not all tools will be discarded.

And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

If my Lord were content in being made no more than a sign, a thing stuck in the ground (earth) for men to see and there show their regard...to hope to escape that, is all the most wrong aspiration there is.

Serve yer gods men...you are free to show.

Last edited:

atlashunter

In truth, it is precisely what a man "like me" needs...far more mercy than he could ever imagine.

Ever get tired of whipping your own butt? Seems like it would get old after a while.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
here...lemme help you pat yerself on the back...it's kinda strainin' you...
Humility does not allow me urge to want to pat myself on the back

"but instead advertise their ignorance with humility in the hopes that someone more knowledgeable can help them become less ignorant."
This^ was not about you, at all. (Insert Carly Simon video here)

He's been my help all along.
???

But I can't lie, I don't advertise my ignorance with humility, I boast of it, gladly.
Nor were you accused of it, again that section of my post did not include you. You are inserting yourself into it to make some sort of point I guess..

Here's a true thing of how very wrong I have been...and which so many have been more than eager to help me see, and so I thank God for them. The mercy of God. I thought I had some sort of appreciation of it,His forbearance, His longsuffering...and I see how little I have known of it. In fact, my ignorance was such as it could easily be said "I didn't know it at all..." that's how grossly ignorant I was.

I'd be worse than a fool to think "now I have seen it all to its limits", no, for in any moment... I may look at this very moment, in seconds, minutes, days or years and find myself no less in greater awe as to say "no, there also I severely underestimated God's mercy as to show myself completely ignorant of it..."

My hope lay in the One who, regardless of my outcome, has revealed not all tools will be discarded.

And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

If my Lord were content in being made no more than a sign, a thing stuck in the ground (earth) for men to see and there show their regard...to hope to escape that, is all the most wrong aspiration there is.

Serve yer gods men...you are free to show.

Sounds a lot like an example of the "don't worry he will tell you" punchline of a brain surgeon joke someone recently told in here...

Israel

BANNED
Sounds a lot like an example of the "don't worry he will tell you" punchline of a brain surgeon joke someone recently told in here...
only if he had to work hard to be who and what he is...

ambush80

The version of the joke I heard was "When you go to a party, how can you tell who is the vegan, the triathlete, and the evangelical? They will tell you in the first five minutes."

Israel

BANNED
Ever get tired of whipping your own butt? Seems like it would get old after a while.

The grace of it is in assurance, that though I may know nothing much at all, I can find my butt with both hands. It's enough. It saves me from the terror of that to which I so naturally incline...

Do you really believe I think so little of myself? Without an intervention I am the grandest thing I know.

(and believe it or not...help comes in the strangest form to let me know I am in need of intervention)

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
The version of the joke I heard was "When you go to a party, how can you tell who is the vegan, the triathlete, and the evangelical? They will tell you in the first five minutes."

Hey, that's pretty good, too.

Who is the one touting or boasting himself as the evangelical?

Oh, wait, I think I know by looking at the wives...I see one with a look on her face that is saying "Can someone for the love of God, save me?"

Durn, too late for you to see, she found out someone was watching her...she's got that plastered smile all over her face now.

Last edited:

atlashunter

The grace of it is in assurance, that though I may know nothing much at all, I can find my butt with both hands. It's enough. It saves me from the terror of that to which I so naturally incline...

Do you really believe I think so little of myself? Without an intervention I am the grandest thing I know.

(and believe it or not...help comes in the strangest form to let me know I am in need of intervention)

So you’re actually a raging narcissist at heart who has found genuine humility thanks to your imaginary friend? Sounds like more self flagellation to me. Might be a good sales pitch for masochists. For the rest of us I’m afraid it needs work.

Israel

BANNED
LOL...look I know it's rough for the "top tier" atheists to get nothing more for all their efforts than to end up in exchange with...well...me. I'd probably be disappointed too.

Israel

BANNED
So you’re actually a raging narcissist at heart who has found genuine humility thanks to your imaginary friend? Sounds like more self flagellation to me. Might be a good sales pitch for masochists. For the rest of us I’m afraid it needs work.

Ya ever hear how opposites attract? I simply got my eyes open to the one in whom there is no pride, at all.

It makes sense now. But even before its making sense, he was willing to be a friend. Patience is another thing he's got in abundance. And again, that opposites attract thing shows itself at work.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Cannot get more opposite than exist/non exist

WaltL1

Its also possible that its warranted. We only know a tiny fraction about each other.
With more info its possible you/we would say "Ok now I get it"......

atlashunter

Its also possible that its warranted. We only know a tiny fraction about each other.

Don’t think I’ve ever known anyone where it was so continuously warranted. I’m not so sure it actually is. Maybe for some it has more to do with some pleasure or gratification they get out of it. Is that what we are really dealing with here? Do we have a legit modern day flagellant among us? Or just a pretender?

atlashunter

Ya ever hear how opposites attract? I simply got my eyes open to the one in whom there is no pride, at all.

It makes sense now. But even before its making sense, he was willing to be a friend. Patience is another thing he's got in abundance. And again, that opposites attract thing shows itself at work.

Yeah that sounds like an apt description of the god of the Bible. Someone who insists you continuously sing their praises and worship them lest they throw you into a fiery lake for eternity. No pride there. :rolleyes:

atlashunter

There is no god as patient and long suffering as the one that doesn’t exist.

WaltL1

Don’t think I’ve ever known anyone where it was so continuously warranted. I’m not so sure it actually is. Maybe for some it has more to do with some pleasure or gratification they get out of it. Is that what we are really dealing with here? Do we have a legit modern day flagellant among us? Or just a pretender?
All possibilities also ^
But just a point -
Don’t think I’ve ever known anyone where it was so continuously warranted.
Doesnt really matter what we determine to be warranted if an individual is convinced that it IS warranted for themselves (for whatever reasons) .....

Israel

BANNED
All possibilities also ^
But just a point -

Doesnt really matter what we determine to be warranted if an individual is convinced that it IS warranted for themselves (for whatever reasons) .....

What appears the whipping of the butt varies from one to another.

Atlas was most close in his description of a man I know as a "raging narcissist", but actually narcissist itself falls a bit short. This guy is not only fully engaged with himself to exaltation, but more than willing to enter into judgments against the "not him"...or others. He surveys from a seat to which he believes he has right and is right enough to dispense into creation what "should" and "should not" be. What should and should not be allowed to be. How this thing gets fed is all the matter of issue. And whence it is fed.

This thing, this guy, this consciousness of a sort, has the most remarkable blindness to itself. In the thinking it knows itself it presumes to itself the therefore knowing of others. It sets no parameter to itself or perimeter, to itself it seems to have the unlimited and infinite capacity. But it does not judge others so. They enter his eye in forms of limit, forms containable by his consciousness...able to be summed up in his courts. This is this (they are assigned and can never be more) and that is that, likewise. What is not hostile or rude to his throne as he brings them to his court he may call friend, lover, whatever description is fitting to him in what he considers amicable to him. What is hostile, rude, not respecting of his self, in his court, he deems enemy. He opens and closes gates at will. Contempt of court orders also assigned.
Close for some, arms length for others, weapons drawn and ready for certain others.

But regardless...all and everything in creation as he finds them pass through under his eye of judgment. And all are measured, weighed...judged according to this one thing...their relation to his self. The not rejecting or even homage paying may stay...all others...out. These "others" are firmly assigned as the "they". Definitely...other. The "no way is that anything like...me" Why?...because it doesn't like the "me". It is not like...me. And therefore, I do not like...it. It...should not be, and is banished to being the "they".

But it's the fool. It might even grant to itself some knowing that what it invites to stay at his court, no less has thrones of their own. And if, or when a rising up upon theirs is manifest to him, in his court, he must try to prove ascendancy over them. How many clever devices he may find at hand for this he never thinks a mere cleverness, to him it is direst motions of survival, and survival in its most bare and naked estate...so that in its direness, its most fundamental bid to survive intact, it assures itself there can never, ever be any judgment of this. Judgment against itself. Every motion against itself at which it rises up, it is well able to judge and trusts is plain..."this was all and only self defense". It is plain. It is necessary. It is right. And it is good...that I survive. For what is there to me, if the me is conquered? Dethroned? Banished from my own court. Only the nothing. Only the "they" are left.
And, I am essential. After all...why else would I be?

We talk, and have, even here about reason. Reasoning. Reasons. And whether we take the stand that creation has no "reason" to it to be found...it just...is, or there is no reason in creation...there is no reason found in matter or space, atoms hold no reason, the distance (space) between Earth and Mars, the distance between my fingertips...holds no "reason"...isn't it odd that we may truly believe...we reason to this? The atom doesn't answer. (or so it seems) The space doesn't answer (or so it seems) What may even be of a god...doesn't answer (or so it seems). So I by reason reason, reason is not part nor able to attributed to anything...else. And that else tells the whole story, for we actually do believe...every one of us...it is, and exists, and is available (in whatever measure, of both quantity and quality) to us. And so we judge "he is giving out good reason" or "he has, it seems much of it" or conversely "this fellow is not using reason at all!" He has "bad" reasoning ability...or...not "much". But each holds others to task in their own court, to either be accepted "I like the way this fellow reasons, he is in some way...like me" or the other. "Out you dammable [sic] fool"

And each of us, whether we believe we know the reasons or not, whether we seek to speak from a place of consistency...or just utter into the air (seemingly) nonsense syllables...believes there is "reason" that we do. And that others do. Some may gather and say "he has a brain injury"...that's the reason he is like he is. He has an exceptionally high IQ and a Nobel Prize and is able to tell us things we never considered, that's the reason we stand in awe.

And this all takes place in our little courts. Where reason is measured against threat to my throne.

No wonder any longer why I was set to oppose Jesus Christ. He had first to be established firmly to me as "other", so that it might be so firmly established beyond any discrepancy of thought that would tell me "I am taker of thrones". That foolishness that would tell me "I am the one able to exalt my own to bring submission of other thrones...to it."

Of course men have to resist him...so they never afterwards are able to confuse themselves as to who He is, who they are.
What you may see of butt whipping is just me being reminded to remind myself, I can do nothing. I am not Him.

And how good it is...otherwise, I would be alone.

Ask yourselves...what is the end of my "reason" and ask yourself if this might be heaven...or he11...if I were able to so exert myself to a success of making everything...just like...me? I shudder to think if I had all and only myself as final work.

Last edited: