Preacher gets leniency after raping daughter

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I would mostly disagree. I would say there are no perfect people, but there are definitely good people and bad, even downright evil people. I think most of humanity would agree with this. Unless you believe what you read in an ancient book that says all people are inherently evil unless they get fixed, because somebody ate an apple a few thousand years ago.

brilliant

atlashunter

SFD really made himself look bad on this one and is looking for the exits.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Brilliance is the cessation of trying to impose one's beliefs on another who doesn't believe that.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think, the way I read it, is you both are saying pretty much the same thing but coming at it from different angles.
Good and bad are judgement calls/how we see things. To SFD's point... there are serial murderers in prison right now receiving love letters and marriage proposals from women on the outside.....
And to NCH's point.... yes I think most of humanity would agree with you.
The main point I'm making is that I don't have a belief in the inherent evilness/sinfulness/ lostness/unredeemedness of the species as a whole. We are what we are. Some of us are mostly good, some of us are mostly bad. And some who are fascinated by and attracted to the bad ones.

Most Christians, however, in my experience, see the whole human race as inherently flawed, sinful, and bad at birth; cursed by and carrying the sins of their fathers and mothers until they pray to Jesus, and then you're a good person who is no longer dammned to eternal punishment for just being born human.

WaltL1

No what I explained was a totally logical explanation of pain and suffering that a child could understand. It’s a well accepted and respected explanation acknowledged by critical thinkers regardless of their stance on the actual existence of a God. The fact that YOU won’t acknowledge that fact has nothing to do with its validity nor your intellect and everything to do with your emotional resentment of God. That said, the old saying applies: ‘you can’t reason someone out of a position they used no reason to arrive at or keep’ so there’s no point continuing with this.
The fact that YOU won’t acknowledge that fact has nothing to do with its validity
You didnt provide any facts for me to acknowledge or not acknowledge.
You provided a "could be". You do understand that your "logical explanation" is not actually a fact right?
everything to do with your emotional resentment of God.
I do not believe a god exists so therefore do not and can not resent one or any of them.

ky55

SFD really made himself look bad on this one and is looking for the exits.

He does that every time, then leaves some insults and bails out.
:rofl:

660griz

That said, the old saying applies: ‘you can’t reason someone out of a position they used no reason to arrive at or keep’ so there’s no point continuing with this.
Not true. I once believed in God for no apparent reason other than my parents did. Went to church, and the preacher, and everyone I knew said God was real.
Then, reasoned my way out of that non-sense. So, don't give up hope.

SemperFiDawg

I once believed in God for no apparent reason

Pretty much says it all right there. Sadly, it’s much more profound than you will probably ever realize.

SemperFiDawg

Not true. I once believed in God for no apparent reason other than my parents did. Went to church, and the preacher, and everyone I knew said God was real.
Then, reasoned my way out of that non-sense. So, don't give up hope.

You “reasoned” your way out of what ‘everyone you knew’ found to be true and real? You do realized you just painted a picture of insanity, and No, I don’t expect you to see it. They almost never do until faced with an emotionally traumatic event, which is another sign of insanity.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You “reasoned” your way out of what ‘everyone you knew’ found to be true and real? You do realized you just painted a picture of insanity, and No, I don’t expect you to see it. They almost never do until faced with an emotionally traumatic event, which is another sign of insanity.
Griz doesn't have an invisible sky buddy and does not believe in worshipping ascending zombies and HE is the insane one....

atlashunter

You’re quite the expert on insanity. Had you been born in a non Christian part of the world it’s very unlikely you would be a Christian. Does that mean you also are insane?

j_seph

You’re quite the expert on insanity. Had you been born in a non Christian part of the world it’s very unlikely you would be a Christian. Does that mean you also are insane?
No, would mean you have false hopes.

The insane one would be the subject of this thread "
Preacher gets leniency after raping daughter"

660griz

You “reasoned” your way out of what ‘everyone you knew’ found to be true and real? You do realized you just painted a picture of insanity, and No, I don’t expect you to see it.
Good. I bet they thought the first white man that said slavery was bad to be crazy too.
They almost never do until faced with an emotionally traumatic event, which is another sign of insanity.
How do you possibly know that I have not faced an emotionally traumatic event? I am sure of one thing. You need to check out the (real) definition of insanity.

WaltL1

"SemperFiDawg, post: 11755949, member: 25640"]You “reasoned” your way out of what ‘everyone you knew’ found to be true and real? You do realized you just painted a picture of insanity, and No, I don’t expect you to see it. They almost never do until faced with an emotionally traumatic event, which is another sign of insanity.
The Greek mathematician Pythagoras was the first to propose the idea of a round Earth,
Obviously insane ^ :rofl:

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
There is no reason for God's being.

Last edited:

ky55

People create the reason.
We are here so God must "be".

Yep, and SFD’s totally absurd rants about the “insanity” of non-believers are prime examples of the lengths the believers will go to when they are trying to back up and justify their totally unfounded and unsupported supernatural claims.