Prepping for deer season

Hoss

Needed to make some freezer space, so today we made about 10 pounds of summer sausage with ground venison. Used 8 pounds of ground venison and 2 pounds of ground pork. We’ve used straight venison before and it was great, but Mrs. Hoss wanted a bit more fat in it so threw in the pork. Used Lems Backwoods seasoning.IMG_3443.jpegIMG_3442.jpeg

Half of the batch has crushed red pepper flakes and the other half jalapeño peppers. I’ll upload some final shots when done.

Big7

The Oracle
Definitely better with a little fat in there.

Let us see a slice when it's done. :cheers:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Do you have a recipe for this?

Hoss

Do you have a recipe for this?
4 pounds of venison
1 pound ground pork
Follow the directions for the seasoning on the box. In this case, it was 1/2 cup of seasoning with 1 1/4 teaspoon cure salt mixed with 5 oz. of water Mix with the meat.
Red pepper flakes or jalapeños to taste depending how hot you want it. LEM seasonings can be found here. https://www.lemproducts.com/category/sausage-seasoning
I think you can also get it at Academy Sports.
Put it on the pellet grill set at 300 degrees insert temp probe and go to 165 on the sausage.
We made 2 five pound batches, one with crushed red pepper and one with chopped up jalapeños.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
4 pounds of venison
1 pound ground pork
Follow the directions for the seasoning on the box. In this case, it was 1/2 cup of seasoning with 1 1/4 teaspoon cure salt mixed with 5 oz. of water Mix with the meat.
Red pepper flakes or jalapeños to taste depending how hot you want it. LEM seasonings can be found here. https://www.lemproducts.com/category/sausage-seasoning
I think you can also get it at Academy Sports.
Put it on the pellet grill set at 300 degrees insert temp probe and go to 165 on the sausage.
We made 2 five pound batches, one with crushed red pepper and one with chopped up jalapeños.
So do you freeze what you dont eat in a reasonable time ?

ryork

Man I miss that u
I had AG for about for about 8 years before I could eat beef again. Now it's like I never even had it. Hopefully, you'll get over it soon!

Glad you got past it! There’s no rhyme or reason to this mess….. I’m hoping in the next 2-5 yrs it will go into remission. Just out of curiosity, did yours going away correlate with blood levels dropping?

Joel

Man I miss that u

Glad you got past it! There’s no rhyme or reason to this mess….. I’m hoping in the next 2-5 yrs it will go into remission. Just out of curiosity, did yours going away correlate with blood levels dropping?
Honestly, I don't know. I first got it after a tick bite in '94. The doctors had no idea what was going on, we just knew that I couldn't eat red meat without a terrible reaction. Alpha Gal wasn't diagnosed until 2002 and by then I was mostly over it. When I had it, I could eat red meat occasionally but I couldn't exert any energy after eating it. Just a short walk in the yard and I was breaking out in hives and my throat would start swelling up. As long as I took it easy afterwards, I was fine. Again, this was all self diagnosed as AG didn't even exist in the medical world when I had it.

Latest posts