Pressure treated 4x4 10' and 16'

quinn

Thread starter #1
Anybody know a good place to get about 14 of the 16' and 8 of the 10' other than the big box stores? Around atlanta

rjcruiser

Social Circle Ace Hardware. Top notch folks out there....and you can shoot some bows while you're waiting.

If you get enough...they might deliver...not sure though. PM me if you want the name number of someone out there in their builder supplies area.

quinn

Thread starter #4
Thanks Rj I think I would loose in gas what I would save on materials.
Yea 280 they got em there but $5 more for 16' and $2 more on the 10' than Carolina midtown.

Brand Vaughan and Stock building supply there on 29 near Coffer both sell to the public..
Brand Vaughan is a local family owned business and Stock is an investor owned company.

Big boxes will beat the lumber yards in price and you can cherry pick what you want.

That being said, I buy all my lumber from Hill's in Winder or Magbee in Winder(I'm a builder). I need the best service, not the best price.

I have used Cofer and Brand Vaughan and Cofer Adams in the past.

anythinng over 4ft should be "hand picked"! IMO The longer the length, the more the warp, depending on the tree it came from!

anythinng over 4ft should be "hand picked"! IMO The longer the length, the more the warp, depending on the tree it came from!
With treated you can pick straight stuff and still get a surprise when it dries out.

I had a 12' 6x6 under a hot tub on a deck that turned into a banana when it dried. I actually had to cut the nails and shim the top to get it back under load.

With treated you can pick straight stuff and still get a surprise when it dries out.

I had a 12' 6x6 under a hot tub on a deck that turned into a banana when it dried. I actually had to cut the nails and shim the top to get it back under load.
Tru dat! When buying, watch out for soaking wet pressure treated boards!

The only thing you can be sure of with any lumber that has over 12 percent moisture content is that its going to change that being said if your useing 4x4's for any thing of importance you might want to upgrade that to 6x6's they can stillwarp and check but are far less likely to change to the point of being a problem

quinn

Thread starter #12
They are going on the outside of a stucco building.We will then be putting ryno panels on them.I think we should go a different route....but my name is on top of the check not the bottom!