Pressure washer flow rate

Baroque Brass

I bought a Greenworks electric pressure washer that works well but I immediately noticed that there’s not as much water volume as I had with my gas unit. The new one is rated at 2700 psi. Knowing that pressure and volume are inverse, I’m wondering if there’s a way to lower the pressure and have more water flow. There are three brass caps on the pump, I’ve not removed them to see if I can adjust the pressure and/or volume. Anyone have any insight on this? I was hoping to find an online service manual but I can’t find one.

kmaxwell3

You could use a bigger pressure nozzle. So if your machine calls for a #4 you could move up to a #6. You will loose some pressure but you will gain a little more flow like you want. I would not mess with anything on the pump unless you have a test gauge. Just an FYI I have been selling and repairing pressure washers for the last 26 yrs.

Big7

The Oracle
I found out the hard way a 3/4" supply hose is better than 5/8".
facepalm: :bounce:

Baroque Brass

You could use a bigger pressure nozzle. So if your machine calls for a #4 you could move up to a #6. You will loose some pressure but you will gain a little more flow like you want. I would not mess with anything on the pump unless you have a test gauge. Just an FYI I have been selling and repairing pressure washers for the last 26 yrs.
Thanks for the info. It has four nozzles, one of which is the “turbo” nozzle. So far it’s the most useful. I mostly use the machine with a foam cannon for vehicle washing. It works great for that it just takes longer to rinse the foam off than with the gas machine.

DannyW

I found out the hard way a 3/4" supply hose is better than 5/8".
facepalm: :bounce:
This ^^^^.

I was power washing my MIL's driveway with a 4500 PSI and 5/8" hose, getting nowhere. Bought a 3/4" hose and suddenly the job became easy.

Baroque Brass

Increasing the size of the hose is a good and easy place to start. I used the same hose with the gas unit but it’s flow rate is higher.

Latest posts