??Prestige tag on a Trailer??

seaweaver

you might have had one too many letters. MOOOO!
When I got mine for the truck they only let me have 6, now the allow 7.
cw

Snakeman

I know you can get specialty plates for trailers, such as The Sons of Confederate Veterans, because my brother has one on his trailer.

I don't know why you couldn't get a personalized plate for a trailer. It's more money for the state, anyway. I would call and talk to the Tax Commissioner in your county, and not one of the people that just work there.

The Snakeman

The AmBASSaDEER

They would not give me a wildlife tag fer boat or trailer.

chewie1014

They would not give me a wildlife tag fer boat or trailer.

Definitely question this...the wildlife plates are applicable to ALL vehicles weighing 14,000 lbs or less that require a license plate. I had one on my boat and trailer when I was down there. My dad still has one on his boat. If they question you, have them get in touch with the state commissioner. They're operating on bad info.

I think the same applies to prestige/vanity plates.

You can contact the Department of Revenue and ask them directly.

chewie1014

number of letters didn`t stop it,i would have settled for moo.they said it was a no go on trailers

It could have been a weight issue...specialty and prestige plates apply only to vehicles under 14,000 lbs. If your trailer loaded exceeds this weight, it could have been the reason. Again, contact the DOR to be sure.

Last edited:

DukTruk

OK...Heres the deal. I talked to the lovely Ms Betty Jo in the Specialty Plate Division of the DMV. She said that it can be done, but the prestige plate has to STAY with the trailer forever (which is not a problem). She said to fill out the application form and submit it just like you would for a vehicle.

Thanks for ya'lls help.

The AmBASSaDEER

Definitely question this...the wildlife plates are applicable to ALL vehicles weighing 14,000 lbs or less that require a license plate. I had one on my boat and trailer when I was down there. My dad still has one on his boat. If they question you, have them get in touch with the state commissioner. They're operating on bad info.

I think the same applies to prestige/vanity plates.

You can contact the Department of Revenue and ask them directly.
It was the CObb county tag office who denied me.:mad:

Snakeman

OK...Heres the deal. I talked to the lovely Ms Betty Jo in the Specialty Plate Division of the DMV. She said that it can be done, but the prestige plate has to STAY with the trailer forever (which is not a problem). She said to fill out the application form and submit it just like you would for a vehicle.

Thanks for ya'lls help.
The tag having to stay with the trailer doesn't sound right, either. It's been several years since tags were issued to vehicles in the state of Georgia. Tags are now issued to the owners. The tag stays with the owner, not the vehicle.

But, if you can get the tag you want, and it isn't a problem for you, go get it. Just remember it's going to cost you an extra $25 every year that you renew that tag.

The Snakeman