Pretty good hunt for his 9th birthday

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Great picture of a happy dog. Sadly, getting old is the way of this world.

You just gotta love old dogs. When I got back home from Vietnam our Pointer was about 10. I put on my hunting duds and worked the shotgun action and he started bouncing around like he was a puppy again. We hunted the afternoon and got our limit. He retrieved every one. When time came for him to get in the truck for the ride home he couldn't make the jump on his own. I put him in and listened to the satisfying sound of his tail bopping against the floor board as he wagged it all the way home.

Now I wish I could somehow find the energy that he did on that hunt. Time gets us all in the end if something else doesn't get us first.

Mark K

Banned
I retired my Dawg at 11 and he spent his last 2 years in the house soaking up the AC during the summer and keeping me warm during the winter.
Enjoy your time together. Still haven’t brought myself to getting another Lab since he’s been gone. I believe everyone has a once in a lifetime Dawg and I’ve already had mine.
Way to get him out there doing what he lives for.

Arrow3

Thanks guys ?

chase870

Possum Sox
I still take My Fat Girl Friend with me. She loved to hunt more than life itself. I have a earplug case with some of her ashes in it that is attached to the zipper. Nice looking dog

TurkeyH90

Great picture of a happy dog. Sadly, getting old is the way of this world.

You just gotta love old dogs. When I got back home from Vietnam our Pointer was about 10. I put on my hunting duds and worked the shotgun action and he started bouncing around like he was a puppy again. We hunted the afternoon and got our limit. He retrieved every one. When time came for him to get in the truck for the ride home he couldn't make the jump on his own. I put him in and listened to the satisfying sound of his tail bopping against the floor board as he wagged it all the way home.

Now I wish I could somehow find the energy that he did on that hunt. Time gets us all in the end if something else doesn't get us first.
You need to go on YouTube and find "The Birdhunters by Turnpike Troubadours.