Pretty stinging indictment on the Church in America

Israel

BANNED
But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what God said to you: ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?’ He is not the God of the dead, but of the living.”

Of course Jesus Christ could be found in communication with all living.

hobbs27

Jesus replied, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God. For when the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. In this respect they will be like the angels in heaven.

gordon 2

Jesus replied, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God. For when the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage. In this respect they will be like the angels in heaven.

Yet does this say they will not be married? Why would any marry or be given in marriage when the dead rise? Are the blessings which is and goes forth from the spiritual union of the two sexes and into one flesh not determined this side of the resurrection. When Peter is raised, will he be raised without his mate? ---- which bases was never pejoratively carnal but a gift from God?
"
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD."

Can I suggest that at the resurrection it will be plainly settled beforehand from the first riser of the great event that the one who lived with many had but one mate or none at all. Like angels in this respect, man will be of fully formed integrity. The judgement will not be on it, but on the love of God in the life? Maybe...?

Last edited:

hobbs27

Yet does this say they will not be married? Why would any marry or be given in marriage when the dead rise? Are the blessings which is and goes forth from the spiritual union of the two sexes and into one flesh not determined this side of the resurrection. When Peter is raised, will he be raised without his mate? ---- which bases was never pejoratively carnal but a gift from God?
"
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD."

Can I suggest that at the resurrection it will be plainly settled beforehand from the first riser of the great event that the one who lived with many had but one mate or none at all. Like angels in this respect, man will be of fully formed integrity. The judgement will not be on it, but on the love of God in the life? Maybe...?

I don't think it's so much about marriage or not, but an example of a spiritual kingdom. The sadducee were unable to think spiritually because they were so fixated on their present physical life.

I don't know for sure though, it's just how it appears to me.

Last edited: