PromiseKeepers

Havana Dude

Nope

Been there, done that. No doubt, there are plenty men who need a nudge. I am NO SAINT. However, I don't need someone to tell me to help out around the house, nor did i need to hear it when I went the first time.I know that is only part of it, I just don't need to hear it again. I've got flaws a plenty, but pretty well grounded.

PWalls

Was awesome! :cool: :cool:

Good speakers. Great messages.

To hear that many thousands of men raising their voices to the Lord in praise and song was great.

Tn_Extreme

Banned
I attended one of the first in NAshville, at the urging of the SBC I was then a member of.

When they first got started they seemed to be a good thing but they watered down their message to include other denominations that preach faith AND works.

I dont believe something inspired by God and for God should change their core beliefs to accept teachings contrary to the Bible.

PWalls

Well, as a Southern Baptist, I didn't hear or see anything contrary to what I believe.

I did read up on them before I went. I also was (and still am) a little leary about one of their promises that does mention not being bound by denominations. I do agree that there are some denominational differences that should cause us to pause. However, I did not see any of that while I was there.

All I saw was a bunch of Christian men worshipping God together in praise and music. All I heard was some God-fearing men preach His Word and lay it on the lines for Christian men. One common theme was that God created men to be the head and we should start acting like it. That is a message I can get behind.

redwards

PWalls said:
Well, as a Southern Baptist, I didn't hear or see anything contrary to what I believe.

I did read up on them before I went. I also was (and still am) a little leary about one of their promises that does mention not being bound by denominations. I do agree that there are some denominational differences that should cause us to pause. However, I did not see any of that while I was there.

All I saw was a bunch of Christian men worshipping God together in praise and music. All I heard was some God-fearing men preach His Word and lay it on the lines for Christian men. One common theme was that God created men to be the head and we should start acting like it. That is a message I can get behind.
I agree PWalls.
It was a very well spent Friday night and full day Saturday!

PWalls

20K+ men singing "Holy, Holy, Holy" without any instruments (sorry, can't spell achipello) was awesome.

Tn_Extreme

Banned
PWalls said:

No doubt,...but the heads of the PK movement wont allow anything that divides denominations... They no longer preach faithonly salvations because it angered the Catholics, who believe faith plus works(doing thesacraments to be worthy of receiving mass to keep ones salvation).

I have it on my computer straoght from the PK website.

PWalls

Tn_Extreme said:
No doubt,...but the heads of the PK movement wont allow anything that divides denominations... They no longer preach faithonly salvations because it angered the Catholics, who believe faith plus works(doing thesacraments to be worthy of receiving mass to keep ones salvation).

I have it on my computer straoght from the PK website.

I did not doubt your statement. As a matter of fact, I expressly mentioned it in my second paragraph. I watched out for it and was looking specifically for anything that would caused me to pause.

However, I did not see a priest up there trying to take confession. Nor did I see any "laying on hands" or "speaking in tongues". All I saw were men of God who could gladly walk into any Southern Baptist church and preach the same message without any problem. There was no talk of salvation through faith/works. There was only Jesus and faith in Him.

So, until I see/hear those others, I will continue to go and accept that conference for what it is to me. Thousands of men worshipping and praising God together.