purchased a new tow vehicle

tree cutter 08

You get the 6.4 or the 5.7? Mines the 5.7 and I like it so far. It likes gas pretty good but don't have to worry with diesel. Just bought a new 550 with the v10. Don't know if it's the same tranny as the 250 and 350s but Ford nailed it. Best auto I've driven.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
mine is the 6.4 Hemi. Around town, I am getting just over 16mpg. I bought the truck in Perry, Ga. On the drive back, I got better than 18.5mpg. I barely have 1200 miles on it yet, but it seems to be a good truck so far. I bought it with the factory installed gooseneck and fifth wheel setup in the bed.

truck bed.jpg

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Impressive trucks in this thread.

You guys are doing it right.

I'm looking forward to retirement years....planning on getting a nice travel trailer and nice tow vehicle and get out and see this wonderful country of ours at leisurely pace.

tree cutter 08

That's pretty good pappy. I didn't drive mine long enough to see for sure what I got factory before I put leveling kit and 35 inch tires. Now around here in the 14 mpg range and 16 on the interstate. I do believe the 6.4 gets a tad better though. When we pulled camper to Florida this summer it was 9.2 mpg.

tree cutter 08

Btw have you pulled that big tractor yet? I curious how it does. All I've pulled is our camper that's about 7500 lb. My tactor and trailer should be in the 12k range and just curious at how it will do.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I purchased a new 2017 0 miles gas f2f50. I paid 30k on the dot. if anyone is interested there is 21 of these same 2017 trucks for that discounted price on auto trader. Statesville North Carolina same truck 2018 is 38-40. the only thing I don't like about it are those wheels. aren't they just beautiful? they look like spare tires. anyhow this is a work truck and now I can take my whole family camping without 2 cars. I'm very pleased with the purchase.
I like it... I'm not much on flashy 4x4 trucks with DR's ( drug dealer rims) .... All that truck needs is a good set of BFG tires so it won't spin in wet grass.

walters

I had the 6.4 hemi, loved the way it pulled, torque point was 4200rpm's so it didn't scream like some trucks do during a hard pull, I could never get the fuel milage y'all are getting, computer says it was but done about 13 around town 16 on hwy, moved my 12k fifth wheel around like a dream.

Attachments

• 20160820_195313.jpg
    20160820_195313.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 10

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Nice Rig!
I think the 6.2L Ford and the 6.4L Ram (especially with the new transmission), are the best kept secrets in towing. Modern gassers have come a long way. It's hard to shed the experiences of old. Diesels can't be beat for really heavy and frequent mountainous duty, but I'd be taking a hard look at the gas engine these days.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Dang... good looking trucks and nearbout half the price of the diesels..y’all got me considering.

95g atl

nice truck!!! I have an older Ram dually diesel 5.9 liter with some power adders. Tows like a beast, but I don't tow heavy that often. I keep thinking about the new Ford 6.2 and Chevy 6.0 - the latter is slightly underpowered IMO. Now that Ford is coming out with a new 7.3 gaser and Chevy 6.6 gaser for 2020, I'm even more tempted.

Love how a lot of folks go out and buy a diesel for towing their 2600 lb boat. LOL
Doesn't make real sense, it is the "I can tow xx,xxx mentality" even though 90% will never hook up for than what a v6 suv can tow.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Here's an unusual favorite of mine, but be alert, the payload is lower due to the off-road package, so heavy towing may not be a good fit.

You can get a Ram 2500 Tradesman 4WD with the 6.4L and add a Power Wagon Package. Yup, all the cool Power Wagon stuff at a Tradesman price.

Example new 2018 leftover, (they also have a dark red almost identically equipped)
dccb81eb013bc01d84cde265abe83b1ax.jpg

Window Sticker
(Hint) Greenbrier Motors Lewisburg, WV. You typically only see these in mountainous areas, or special order. Kind of unique, but hey, Deer Season is upon us, time to gear up I say...

7 point

I got a 18 f250 4wd 6.2 auto at work its a good strong truck .

7 point

It ride a little rough but it does have a utility body full of tools .