Put Out The Minerals Today

nmurph

Two red mineral blocks and 50lbs. of Critical Mass mineral supplement.

I'd been using the TSC red blocks for several years. Last year I dug a little deeper and learned that cattle blocks do virtually nothing to help rack growth- ditto many other "deer" supplements. I settled on Critical Mass supplement and ordered 25lbs. It was late May/early June bf I got it in the woods last year. Determined to better this year, I ordered 75lbs a couple of wks ago. Today, I put out two red blocks and 50lbs. of the CM. I renewed two spots that were established for several years with the cattle blocks. I added a couple of new spots today and will add a few more over the next couple of weeks. I take a sledgehammer and bust the blocks into softball-sized chunks at the house. In the woods, I stir/dig the spots, throw the chunks in, pour the CM on top.
I was running on a tight schedule and didn't have time to set up cameras.

Anyone else have their minerals out?

BTW, I burned 25ac two weeks ago and today was the first time since the day after the burn I've seen the woods. There is a real flourish of new growth, and lots of young buds that have been nipped. Burning is the single best thing you can do to improve your deer herd IMO.

Ray357

AWOL
Two red mineral blocks and 50lbs. of Critical Mass mineral supplement.

I'd been using the TSC red blocks for several years. Last year I dug a little deeper and learned that cattle blocks do virtually nothing to help rack growth- ditto many other "deer" supplements. I settled on Critical Mass supplement and ordered 25lbs. It was late May/early June bf I got it in the woods last year. Determined to better this year, I ordered 75lbs a couple of wks ago. Today, I put out two red blocks and 50lbs. of the CM. I renewed two spots that were established for several years with the cattle blocks. I added a couple of new spots today and will add a few more over the next couple of weeks. I take a sledgehammer and bust the blocks into softball-sized chunks at the house. In the woods, I stir/dig the spots, throw the chunks in, pour the CM on top.
I was running on a tight schedule and didn't have time to set up cameras.

Anyone else have their minerals out?

BTW, I burned 25ac two weeks ago and today was the first time since the day after the burn I've seen the woods. There is a real flourish of new growth, and lots of young buds that have been nipped. Burning is the single best thing you can do to improve your deer herd IMO.
Yeah. I put out a few thousand pounds Calcium Carbonate.

Latest posts