Question for the Godless Reprobates (Atheist/Agnostics)...

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Christians don’t claim righteousness through works. In fact Romans makes clear that righteousness can’t be achieved through works. But Romans does claim righteousness through faith. Which is to say, we believers have a righteousness that is exclusive to us and trumps the righteous works of nonbelievers.
Scripture teaches that no righteousness can be claimed by anyone, believer or nonbeliever, but God alone.

atlashunter

Scripture teaches that no righteousness can be claimed by anyone, believer or nonbeliever, but God alone.

Romans 3
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.

22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile,

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.

28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Romans 3
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.

22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile,

24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—

26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.

28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.
I don't suppose that it so easily eludes you that this scripture is talking about Jesus' Rightiousness, not a Christians "Self-Righteous" behaviors. I know you are more intelligent than to miss that elephant in the room.

atlashunter

I don't suppose that it so easily eludes you that this scripture is talking about Jesus' Rightiousness, not a Christians "Self-Righteous" behaviors. I know you are more intelligent than to miss that elephant in the room.

I didn't say it was a self righteousness. At least not claimed to be. My god gives me a righteousness through my faith which is unavailable to those who don't believe and is superior to any righteousness through works. It's arrogance with a veneer of piety.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Romans 3

21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. 28 [r]For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works [s]of the Law.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I didn't say it was a self righteousness. At least not claimed to be. My god gives me a righteousness through my faith which is unavailable to those who don't believe and is superior to any righteousness through works. It's arrogance with a veneer of piety.
Conceding the possibility of your narrow interpretation; What does the Atheist that has no ill advised pastor or mentor leading them to this behavior blame his self-righteous arrogant attitude on, other than himself? Given that, does this not make him equally as guilty as the pastor or the mentor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or in a stretch, that scripture that he vehemently denies and couldn't possibly believe in? Just curious.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Is anyone else having trouble with curser control, or do I need to trash this computer?

WaltL1

I read this to Sweetie.
She said, "Walt doesn't know you or women very well does he."
I don't know who Sweetie is but I wish her/him/it a happy 4th :)
And "someone or something doing something to me" has emotion as its foundation.

atlashunter

Conceding the possibility of your narrow interpretation; What does the Atheist that has no ill advised pastor or mentor leading them to this behavior blame his self-righteous arrogant attitude on, other than himself? Given that, does this not make him equally as guilty as the pastor or the mentor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or in a stretch, that scripture that he vehemently denies and couldn't possibly believe in? Just curious.

Not at all. The atheist has no invisible friend to blame or give credit for his own words and deeds.

WaltL1

Is anyone else having trouble with curser control, or do I need to trash this computer?
Yep and I was just considering reloading Windows etc.
Now Im guessing it has to do with the forum upgrade.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
I don't know who Sweetie is but I wish her/him/it a happy 4th :)
And "someone or something doing something to me" has emotion as its foundation.
Sweetie (pet name) is a gift from God, and my wife.
Back at you, as always, on good wishes.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Yep and I was just considering reloading Windows etc.
Now Im guessing it has to do with the forum upgrade.
I had the problem a couple of times prior to the upgrade. It fixed itself (or it might have been the judiciously apply ball bat)

WaltL1

I had the problem a couple of times prior to the upgrade. It fixed itself (or it might have been the judiciously apply ball bat)
A ball bat was my first thought cuz its really making me mad. Cant move the cursor to highlight/cut/copy/paste etc.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
A ball bat was my first thought cuz its really making me mad. Cant move the cursor to highlight/cut/copy/paste etc.
I haven't had that issue yet. Dell did a big update with a bios rewrite and I did have to go in and reset my mouse, but that's as close to a mouse / cursor function issue I've had. Not experiencing the issues y'all are describing.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Ditto on the "making me mad"; I spit my false teeth out twice before I got #185 done.

WaltL1

I haven't had that issue yet. Dell did a big update with a bios rewrite and I did have to go in and reset my mouse, but that's as close to a mouse / cursor function issue I've had. Not experiencing the issues y'all are describing.
I actually had the same problem right after the forum upgrade. Did a back to factory original thingie and it fixed it but now its back.
For a split second I thought "hey maybe God is screwing with me" :rofl:

WaltL1

Ditto on the "making me mad"; I spit my false teeth out twice before I got #185 done.
:rofl:
Fortunately now that Im older Ive learned its too expensive to smash everything that makes me mad.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
I actually had the same problem right after the forum upgrade. Did a back to factory original thingie and it fixed it but now its back.
For a split second I thought "hey maybe God is screwing with me" :rofl:
Wait a minute Walt, think about the conversations you and I have had the last couple of weeks; and we are the ones having trouble. You might be on to something.:biggrin3:

WaltL1

Wait a minute Walt, think about the conversations you and I have had the last couple of weeks; and we are the ones having trouble. You might be on to something.:biggrin3:
They say he works in mysterious ways...….