question for the older Atlanta folks

thegaduck

Not trying to hijack the thread, but:

this brings back a lot of memories. Danced at the Plantation Club many times, also Misty Waters and Fun
Town. Went to Earl's Place a few times. Shot pool at Big Town pool hall at five points and another place I can't remember. Anyone remeber the line dance they did at the Plantation Club at 11 every Sat. Night?

gadeerwoman

Oh Lordy, I had forgotten about the Plantation Club! Went there a couple times. These old spots do bring back some memories.:bounce:

dixie

this brings back a lot of memories. Danced at the Plantation Club many times, also Misty Waters and Fun
Town. Went to Earl's Place a few times. Shot pool at Big Town pool hall at five points and another place I can't remember. Anyone remeber the line dance they did at the Plantation Club at 11 every Sat. Night?

I remember that very well, I worked bar at Earls for a while in the good old days, those were some good people. A couple of trips to fun town was enough for me, even the girls wore rumble rings!

alphachief

Dang Dixie...you were quite the man about town, back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

dixie

Dang Dixie...you were quite the man about town, back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

LOL, not really Ron, just made up for some lost time in a hurry, that's all, and I was making a good living on the other side of the bar, I figured if I was gonna gonna be there anyway, why not get paid for it instead of paying. LOL, all thats been 2-3 lifetimes ago tho

alphachief

LOL, not really Ron, just made up for some lost time in a hurry, that's all, and I was making a good living on the other side of the bar, I figured if I was gonna gonna be there anyway, why not get paid for it instead of paying. LOL, all thats been 2-3 lifetimes ago tho

No doubt about that...if you have the skills and are good with people, there's some good jack to be made from that side of the bar. Unfortunately, back in my college days, I'd make it...then jump to the other side and throw it all away on Crown and wild women. Oh, but I'm much older, wiser and refined now...not to mentioned married with two teenage kids!

dixie

ran across you guys way back when. Graduated from West Fulton in '63.

Very well could have duck. Those were for sure a different time and a different town. Nothing like it is there now

BoxerLuvr

This place was away from downtown on Chesirebridge Rd. but, How about the Brave-Falcon. Remember it ? I used to hang around there in the early 70's.

thegaduck

Yep

The Brave-Falcon was a hot place then. I think the band that played there a lot was from Myrtle Beach and got famous later. We need to start another thread so all us old Atlanta natives can talk about the good old days. Anyone ever go to Alex Coolie's ball room?

Doc_Holliday23

Whitley played at the Bistro a lot.

there are still some pretty good rock clubs in Atlanta, but hip hop has all but taken over.

dixie

This place was away from downtown on Chesirebridge Rd. but, How about the Brave-Falcon. Remember it ? I used to hang around there in the early 70's.

Sure do, and remember when whisk a go go opened on ponce just off peachtree? Almost forgot about the Gas Light lounge, it was on luckie I think, anyway in that area, it was a nice place

BoxerLuvr

The Brave-Falcon was a hot place then. I think the band that played there a lot was from Myrtle Beach and got famous later. We need to start another thread so all us old Atlanta natives can talk about the good old days. Anyone ever go to Alex Coolie's ball room?

Yeah I went to Alex Coolie's a few times. :cool:

Sure do, and remember when whisk a go go opened on ponce just off peachtree? Almost forgot about the Gas Light lounge, it was on luckie I think, anyway in that area, it was a nice place
It was on the corner of Juniper and Ponce de Leon. I only went there once or twice.

thegaduck

I remember the kitty kat club well

Another place was Jerry Ford's on Peachtree. Wonder what ever happened to him? Guy was a great piano player. Man I get a headache just talking about those days.

dixie

Another place was Jerry Ford's on Peachtree. Wonder what ever happened to him? Guy was a great piano player. Man I get a headache just talking about those days.

LOL same here duck, I look in the mirror now days and see all the wrinkles and just grin, I earned every one of them!:bounce: Seems I remember Ford opening up a club in buckhead and did well with for a long time. What was the name of that club on peachtree at peachtree battle, it was a famous hockey players place? Phil something I think

thegaduck

Don't remember that place

I left in August of '67 for 4 years in the Marines, and when I came back everything had changed.