Question for you married folks??

DaddyPaul

Dated almost 2 years before getting married. I was 32 when I tied the knot and my bird was 31. We had both been in long relationships before (divorce for her, and I bought a ring but never pulled the trigger). We are both country people and were in relationships with people that moved to our town from big cities. Once we started dating we felt comfortable around each other very quickly. The girl I dated for 7 years would not run to Wal-Mart to get me some doe pee without getting all gussied up. I think I may have been some type of experiment for her or either her friends bet her a bunch of money that she couldn't turn me into some preppy city boy or something? The epiphany came with my wife Maria after our third date. We had gone back to her house after eating out to watch a little TV and when I got up to leave she walked me out to my truck in her bare feet! I knew at this point I had to make her mine and thank God she said yes.

ufg8r93

Dating/Marriage

I met her on a Thursday (actually, she picked me up at about 2a on Friday morning - we were both stone cold sober, in case you're wonderin'), took her on a first date Friday, and told my dad I met the girl I was going to marry on Sunday (his response was "don't even tell me her name, it will be different next week").

That was in April, we shacked up in August, got engaged in September, and got married the next June. We were both 21 at the time.

That was 13.5 years ago. She's pretty reasonable for a woman. elmoelmoelmoelmo cute too. We have two sons (3 and 5) and she's a full time mom.

BTW, this is not a timetable I'd suggest to anyone.

MudDucker

Staff member
7 months of dating and 21 years of marriage. I knew her slightly from years past. Didn't know it at the time, but my dad only dated my mom 6 months and they were happily married for 48 years when he passed.

We have a good marriage, but if anyone tells you it is a bed of roses, remember, roses have thorns.

Niner

My Mrs. and I dated for about 2 years. One day we decided it was "time", and the next day we got hitched. It'll be 21 years next spring.

She is absolutly my BEST FRIEND in the world. We are truly "soul mates". We are both sure that we were mates in a prior life.

It's a good thing I was born good lookin' instead of rich :fine:

Handgunner

There's three rings to a Marriage. The engagement ring, the wedding ring, and then the suffering. :D

Just kiddin'!

The wife and I dated for about 4 years before getting engaged and married. We've been together now for 5 years.

She is truly, my best friend and companion. She loves hunting, fishing, muddin', and even helps clean the deer, fish, etc...

She's still working on skinning a catfish though! :D

Seriously, she's my soulmate -- the one I've looked my whole live for and on our wedding day, I promised to spend the rest of my life, making hers better.

She's said I do that, so I'm happy.

Before even considering marriage, be sure, 110% that you know you love her and that she loves you. There should be NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING that you can't share with her... or do while she's around...

Secrets dont' make good relationships, honesty, trust, respect, and communication do. Treat her better than you want to be treated, remember the little things, and remind her everyday about how beautiful she is to ya...

No matter that say about "size" it's the little things women love the most. And I don't mean that in a dirty way either. :)

Good luck, whether it be with this one, or one later on.

irwoodsman

i'd do it again

my wife and i dated for a year were engaged for a year and will soon celebrate 15 years together.together we have 2 boys 12@10.i would do it all over again in a second!! it helped out alot that both of us are native gwinnesions so we had alot of mutual friends and our families lived close by.

Latest posts