Question

lancek742

Complete newbie to bow hunting. My son bought me a diamond SB 1 for Christmas and I have been shooting it a 3 to 4 days a week since ( weather permitting). I had it set up at 50 lb draw at first just so I could get my mechanics down. I would like to take it to 60 - 65 lb draw and was wondering if I draw weight effects my targeting. Will I need to completely re sight it, just tweak a little, or shouldn't have to mess with it at all. Thanks

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Your heading the right direction learning form first and then turning up the draw weight. Yes your point of impact will change. It will be higher.
Hopefully your left to right will not change at all and shouldn’t if your bow is tuned correctly. I bet it shoots 4-6 inches higher. Move your sight up a hair or two. Follow your arrow.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Welcome to a new addiction! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I've recently moved down to 60lbs from 70 and it's possibly the best thing I've done in 30 years with a bow in hand. That being said, do like BYA said and keep working on great habits and shoot wherever you're comfy.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Don't be scared to hunt a low poundage bow. The technology has come a long ways, and low poundage bows are just as deadly as the ones you have to strain to pull back. As an added bonus they are a lot easier on your shoulder as well as usually quieter at the shot. I am pulling about 52-53lbs with my Elite and it is dead in the hand and whisper quiet. My arrows tipped with fixed blade heads zip through and stick in the ground on all but hard quartering away shots. Can't really expect more than that IMHO. If you do decide to jack up the lbs. then as stated earlier a sight adjustment should do the trick.

uturn

Sound Advice Here!!

Something about the Mystical Flight of the Arrow!! Ain’t nothing like it!

Wait till you sling one at a Whitetail...might end up like the rest of us!!!

Enjoy!

Ihunt

The extra poundage can cause a bunch or different issues. Your arrow will probably do a lot of things different besides shooting higher.

What’s you draw length and what’s your arrow spine? The spine is how stiff you arrow is. You could very well have a 400 spine arrow. If you go up to 65lbs you will probably need a 340 spine arrow.

There’s a saying in archery. Change one thing and it changes everything. Very true.

lancek742

Well I have decided to go with around 55 lbs. Seams to work really well with my aging shoulder. I was amazed at how much difference there was going from 50 to 60. My shoulder didn't like it one bit lol. Thanks again for all the advice and good luck this season. I can't wait.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well I have decided to go with around 55 lbs. Seams to work really well with my aging shoulder. I was amazed at how much difference there was going from 50 to 60. My shoulder didn't like it one bit lol. Thanks again for all the advice and good luck this season. I can't wait.

Good luck man. Dont lay that bow down again