Quinn's 365 day Stranger Project

quinn

I'm gonna try and do a 365 of strangers.I have to ask for permission just so it's a little more personable.Here is # 1

day one of 365

quinn

Thanks ya'll,your right I need a way for them to view them and get a copy if wanted as well.I also got talking with Mrs. Cornelia and I kinda liked that too.
Mrs Cornelia doing some fishing
#2/365
Mrs. Cornelia , I met her and her husband Frank on the Hooch yesterday. She is a professer at one of the smaller colledges.She is 60 years old and Frank is 70.He has a boken back so it's just great he can even get around!He retired at 62,if you work the extra years like they want you too for the extra money it takes 18 years before you ever see any of that money.She has two side businesses,she is a wellness educator and a floral designer.She is a juice plus distributor and they come in capsules or chewables!

quinn

This is Capt Roi,he was working at the Hong Kong Market in the fish maket.

Attachments

• Capt roi.jpg
    Capt roi.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 1,249

quinn

Thanks's ya'll!I'm really diggin it so far!I tried to snake my way out and get somebody to help me out,cause my computer is at the dr but i got it!
waiting for her girls
This woman was waiting on her daughters at the Thiftyfood Market.We couldn't communicate but she gave me the nod for a picture.I'm not sure what she said to her daughters when they got back...but they all turned around and looked at me.They all walked off chatting in some language I could'nt understand!

quinn

okay here's Natalia!She works at a paint store in roswell.She's in her fourth year of college.The first three years she went to Georgia,now she goes to Ga. State.She's majoring in philosophy and wants to be a writer.I hope I run into her again with a little bit better light!
natalia at work

quinn

raymond the veggie stand mon
Well here is Raymond he has a veggie stand in Atlanta on the corner of Briarciff Rd and Ponce de Leon Rd.He spoke with a jamacian accent.He was a nice enough man.He wasn't so keen on the idea of a picture.i assured him it 's okay to say no,I'm still going to buy the plums,A onion and some boiled peanuts.His friend told him not to but he said okay mon,just not to close.We talked a little while longer and I was explaining the project more to him.He was excited before i left.If anybody's in that area stop by and tell him you seen him on the internet!I ate the peanuts on the way home!i'm using a new editing program that I don't know how to use yet.

quinn

Blue a travlin man
This is Blue, he's a traveling guitar player ,a cheesehead from Milwaukee,Wisconson.This is his second time going thru Atlanta.He didn't have much luck the first time,so he guess' it's hit or miss around here!He's just trying to get enough money to move on.I didn't ask him to sing so I'm not sure if he does or not.I let him look at the couple of shots I took and I said I like the one with the head tilt!He told me that was his signature move.I threw a couple of bucks in his guitar case and left him playing.

quinn

Well I'm behind in posting but still got the streak taking them daily.
This is John V. he's retired.they have lived in the same house for forty years.There's a little horse park across the street that I was coming to look at.He said it has been there since the civil war.His whole front yard is planted in dalihas.He and his 2 labs were out watering their beauties.I'm sure I will make a visit back over to John's place.

Attachments

• John V with his dog and dalihas.jpg
    John V with his dog and dalihas.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 1,241

quinn

Thanks Shug!
This is Kris,she works at the rightous room in Atlanta on Ponce-de-leon ave.She'a bartender,waitess,cook whatever hat is thrown her way she gladly puts it on!I stopped in there hoping to find a interesting person on the patio or behind the bar.When she came to the table I had hoped I found # 9.She is one of the sweetest most beautiful person you could meet,on the inside as well as the outside!Sorry fellows she is a married woman.:hammers:I would love another chance to shoot with Kris.Matter of fact I saw a old blue and white ford falcon that would good well with her pin-up girl style!

Attachments

• Chris always taking orders.jpg
    Chris always taking orders.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,333
Last edited:

Hoss

OK, I've set up this thread for quinn to post where quinn can post his photos. Please put your comments in his other thread. This will enable folks to just go through and view his project. I've also copied his earlier photos into this thread.

Hoss

quinn

edith is on fire

This is Edith,she is a member of the Golden Key Honor Society that was in town for a conference.500 college kids fromaround the world came to Clarkston,ga. and my brother from another mother was in charge of 50 of them.He called and asked me to come photograph them.Edith is from Sky Valley,California.She's in her fourth year at Fresno State.She is majoring in linguistics,she's going to be a language teacher in a third world country.Edith told me "Just so you know we're not all blonde from California".Lulabell thought she spent too much time around me!She was full of energy and worked the whole time.She told me that was the hardest she ever worked!They removed a old tennis court and these leaders of the future were out there with shovel,steel rakes and wheel barrels breaking up the crusher run and hauling it off.I told them I had the hard job....I had to watch them do it! :crazy:

quinn

sweet pea and her farmer mother
This is sweet pea and her mom.They were at the Clarston Farmer's market yesterday afternoon.Sweet pea is three years old,loves her some grilled corn (I didn't have permission yet),and a falahal and was very relaxed for a three year old.She wants to ne a ballerina when she grows up and turns five.She also dresses herself and no she hasn't heard of madonna!He mom works for the local growers going to the markets and selling thie organically grown fruits and veggie's.Clarkston has their farmers market once a month.They have a bike repair man to fix bicycles moat repairs are $5.00 or you can purchase a adult one for $30.00 or a kid's for $20.00.

quinn

Sammie getting ready to rock the hooch
This is Sammie,him and his girl friend pam were getting ready to shoot the hooch.He's a local musician who plays on the weekends and teaches music during the days.He has a couple of gigs coming up in the next couple of weeks and he is looking for somebody to take some shots and record some jam sessions!They are playing on aug 11th at the Tavern in Roswell.We exchanged numbers and he said he'll give me a call.They were putting in a blow up raft with a trolling motor.He said the water is high right now and moving pretty fast as they floated off.

quinn

fredy and his son bradley
This is Bradley and his father Fredy.They were fishing on the Hooch. I stopped by when on the way home from work.Fredy has his own Landscape company.He does commerical and residental,fully licensed and insured.They are from Guatamala.They like to fish,so far that day that had caught five legal trout.He gave me his card just in case I need a landscaper.

quinn

jackie and her mom
This is Jackie and her mom after dinner in Tucker at Mathews Cafeteria.They got some great fried chicken!Jackie is a real estate agent in Atlanta,Ga.She sold a house on my road a couple of years back.They go to Mathews a couple of nights a week and after dinner watch all the beautiful colors as the day turns to night.

quinn

this patty don't melt
This is Patty she's the night shift manager and cook at the`Waffle House.She is the favorite of the waitresses and diners.One diner came in and asked if Patty made the grits she said no so he had hash browns.She doesn't really like pictures but she'll help me out!

quinn

Jeff texting with the ex
This is Jeff, I sat beside him at a local watering hole.He is a micro beer lover.He is a aspiring writer.We exchanged emails and he said he could help me out with the bio's.He was texting with his ex when I got this shot.Afterwards sometimes I like to show the stranger the shot I will be using.He wanted a do over, but i think this really captured that moment in time.

quinn

Alex lost in his beer and loving it
This is Alex,he hangs out in the Rightous Room in Atlanta.He wears his hair kinda slicked down.He had some nice artwork adorning his arms.He wasn't much for talking,all I know is he sure was happy in his thoughts....and his beer!:cheers:

quinn

This is David,him and his father own a taxidermy business.They are very good at what they do!I was waiting for the animals to blink.He hopes one day to get someone to pay him to hunt all the time.

Attachments

• David hard at work.jpg
    David hard at work.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 1,031

quinn

My name is Sue,how do you do?This is Ms. Sue.She was fishing under the covered bridge from the other day.She has lived in Stone Mountain,Ga, all her life.She goes fishing everyday up under the covered bridge.If they are legal size she will keep a couple to eat.

Attachments

• How do you do my name is Sue.jpg
    How do you do my name is Sue.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 1,024

Latest posts