Quitman Co. Hunting reports !

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
O K here we go! Heres a spot we can give Quitman Co. hunt reports!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
If anyone who hunts in this area wants to give a report feel free!

dkennedy

We killed 2 long beards and one jake (colateral damage) on opening weekend, we're heading back on the 23rd of this month to try again. They we're gobbling pretty good opening weekend, hopefully it's still on. Hogs everywhere!!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We have hogs as well! some turkeys havenot hunted them there this year I was thinking about going up this weekend not sure yet! Congrads on your birds!!Is that a ten point in the corn field?

dkennedy

You're right that's my little 10 point standing in one of our food plots a few years ago. Hopefully I can call her in a turkey when we go in a few weeks. She wants to turkeys hunt and my dad wants to hog hunt, so it looks like I'll be a full time guide when we go. I wouldn't have it any other way. Can't wait to get back up there.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Going this weekend! anew member is coming in,we will do some scouting .I;m Turkey hunting in the mornings! we willsee what happens

dkennedy

Good luck, last weekend we dodged some thunder storms with a tornado warning thrown in on top. heard a jake and two different long beards but the long breards wouldn't commit. At least they were talking. Hog sign everywhere. We have two guys there now fencing in our feeders to keep the hog away, and they're going to do a little turkey and hog hunting. I'll give you the results when they come in.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yeap, i'm at the camp. Looks like rain an the wind is blowing!!!!

dkennedy

Got the report, one long beard and three hogs. Pretty good weekend. They also got 2 of the feeders fenced in so now we will feed the deer and not waste protein feed on hogs. Going back in 2 weeks to, the tractor work will begin.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
That sounds great! 1 longbeard at our place as well .2 yearold! Its tractor season now for sure. Saw a big buck churkey hunting as well. BIGGG velvet mass was starting!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Going to Ga to see if I can get more turkey! Have to be back Sunday for my mother! I'm blessed to still have her!!

dkennedy

Tear 'em up! We're going back on the 13th to finish out the season, and get the work started. Save me one or at least scare him in my direction.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Scare one no probblimbo!!!!! Were he goes I have no control!

dkennedy

Was anything talking? I'm heading up friday am, plan on huntin friday pm and saturday. Turkey huntin only. Next time we go up our hog control permit will be in affect, if it squeals in Quitman county it's fair game.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Caught 4 sunday 100 pounders Makem squeal and the game is fair!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
1 more pig gone,Manymore to go this is going to be a fun summer!

dkennedy

Heard 3 gobblers talking, had one close but not close enough. Killed 4 hogs, and like your place many more to go. Those 4 were from a group of about 20. Fenced in our 3rd feeder, now only the deer and coons can eat the protein feed. Hopefully some of the hogs will move on. 3/4 of the plots are planted we'll get the rest done in a few weeks.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Didn't make it as planned! Grandson had baseball practice! we are raising him hes 9! He made the allstar team! Going this weekend to check cams and try and trap a pig or shoot one! Its time to work on stands, trim roads and clean-up. Oyea and cook-out! A new member is bringing his camper as well! Scouting is also on the menu!