Quota hunts?

Arrow3

I've got 3 points for a deer hunt and 3 points for a state park hunt saved up. Looking like I may not join a lease this year so it will be fun to get out and hunt some new places.

Any suggestions on where to put in for? I live in the Athens area.

I've have used the quota system for years on Turkey but never have been on a quota deer hunt.

Philbow

For deer I would apply for one of the Ossabaw hunts. For the second choice I would pick one of the B. F. Grant hunts.

For the State Park hunt I would choose the Tugaloo hunt. And if's not offered this year I'd wait till is is.

Rick Alexander

I've done the Hard Labor Creek hunt a couple of times and enjoyed it quite a bit. I was successful on both hunts and I think if you are willing to get off the beaten path a little you could be successful pretty much every time. It's especially fun if you can find a spot on the golf course so you don't have to drag for forever but those are pretty tough to secure unless you want to be pretty intimate with the nearest hunter. It's a big park - you really don't have to deal with anyone if you're willing to do a little scouting. Pigs as well on there but I've never seen one. A couple friends and I rented a really nice cabin the last time as well. It was expensive by the time everything is paid doing that but that was certainly high living.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Hard Labor Creek is good for seeing deer. Best find something else if big antlers is your goal.

Latest posts