R I P --" Drake"

Turkeytider

Somebody once said that when asked what was the worst part of owning ( and being owned by ) a dog, his answer was, " Saying goodbye". No truer words. Maybe it`s good that it breaks our hearts so. It shows God that at least we still have the capacity to cherish and recognize pure, complete and uncomplicated love. Sharing life with a dog is one of the most beautiful, and terrible, things we can experience. Personally, I wouldn`t trade a minute of the time I`ve had with my hunting dogs and mutts too. Condolences on your loss.

Last edited:

FOLES55

Going to miss seeing drake with all those birds this year. RIP Drake

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I am truly sorry to read about Drake. My dogs mean a great deal to me,as I'm sure he did to you. When you are ready get you another dog,that's what I would do. Once again I know you're suffering with your loss.

NUTT

Drake was a fine dog!
Enjoyed all the threads over the last bit. God Bless you my friend!

nrh0011

Sorry for your loss, I have enjoyed watching him grow from a pup to a fine hunting dog. My condolences to you sir.

mlandrum

Somebody once said that when asked what was the worst part of owning ( and being owned by ) a dog, his answer was, " Saying goodbye". No truer words. Maybe it`s good that it breaks our hearts so. It shows God that at least we still have the capacity to cherish and recognize pure, complete and uncomplicated love. Sharing life with a dog is one of the most beautiful, and terrible, things we can experience. Personally, I wouldn`t trade a minute of the time I`ve had with my hunting dogs and mutts too. Condolences on your loss.

I didn't get to tell Drake good by.

JKat81

You nailed it my friend. My viewpoint on dogs changed after I had children, but there is a Brittany named Hank and a Lab named Cash that I think about every single day. Every day.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Truly great dogs are 1 in a million. Hate to hear it. Read and saw alot of the pics over the years.

Turkeytider

Truly great dogs are 1 in a million. Hate to hear it. Read and saw alot of the pics over the years.

I know what you meant, S-P, but personally I would have to struggle not to find something that was "great " about each and every dog that`s been in my life during my 71 years on the planet. Each one was a gift.