Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain

Skipper

Banned
It's been the Monsoon season in Kentucky since October of 2002. Man, we've been hammered in the last 2 weeks. I'd guess we've had 5 inches since last Tuesday, and it's not showing signs of letting up. Laurel Lake which is normally drawn down about 30 feet from summer pool this time of year is 3 feet over the top of the spillway. The Gooberment goofed and took the turbines off line 2 weeks ago for maintenance so they can't open the gates.

Skipper

stumpman

Banned
skipper do you know of anywhere good for about 5-7 guys to go hunting at up there where they put you up and feed ya and have good hunting also thanks stumpman.

Skipper

Banned
I don't personally know anyone. I know the farther west you go, the more likely you'd find one in this state. In the east most land is by permission and bring your own camp. It's mostly small tracts except the mine lands and on them you generally have to know someone in the coal company. If you know someone who works for TECO (Tampa Electric) they might be able to set you up on some Gatliff Coal land in Whitley County or near Jenkins on up in far eastern Ky.

Here's an e-mail for a guy who lives about 40 miles northwest of me between London and Somerset. He sells hunts on his place, but I don't know what sort of fascilities he has.

DaleWeddle2@aol.com

Don't tell him you know me. We have been arguing heavy the last few months regarding the 9th Circuit Court's decision on states that limit out of state hunters when the hunts are limited. Example, Kentucky gives 10% of it's 50 elk tags to out of state applicants, 90% to Kentuckians. I'm of the opinion that residents should have a better chance to get a tag but since Dale sells hunts on his place, he's obviously not for a limitation on out of state hunters.

Skipper