Random Food Pics II

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Blackened catfish and crawfish tails with a lemon beurre blanc sauce, Creole dirty rice, and homemade Cajun jalapeno/cheddar beer bread:

cajun.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

ryork

"Need that recipe"

Unfortunately, a lot my sauce concoctions are just that, I get ideas here and there and such, but there's not a lot of measuring involved etc. For that sauce it probably went something like boil down some cabernet, add a splash of balsamic, a little beef paste bullion stuff, a splash of wshire sauce, salt and pepper, let that reduce and then melt a little semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate in it.

ryork

And one more thing re: the sauce "recipe" above, one thing I always use to thicken a sauce at the end, if it's needed and if not great, is a mix of cornstarch and water. It's irrelevant to flavor, so will just add a little at a time until I get the thickness I want. The sauce has to come to a little boil with it in there to determine how much impact it had on thickness.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

Heck, I’ll just post it for that matter. Anyone wants to try it it’ll be here.

Sorry folks I almost forgot, here's the recipe for this dish along with a few pics I took when preparing it once. We make it pretty often, it's worth it. It doesn't last long around here so make a good mess of it, the leftovers are great too.

IMG_20150201_141817339 (1).JPGIMG_20150201_144408222_HDR (1).JPGIMG_20150201_144350534.JPGIMG_20150201_145102734.JPGIMG_20150201_145052796.JPGIMG_20150201_150016551.JPGIMG_1816.jpgIMG_1817.jpg

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Man that looks good Jeff!

Thanks ryork, most of those dishes you post here usually have me drooling.

*Note* That seasoning mix IMO is probably my favorite simple version of a basic common cajun flavor to be used in just about any cajun dish. Works very well as a seasoned flower or sprinkled directly on meat, chicken, or fish/shrimp. I prefer it to just about anything you can buy off the shelf.

I would like to add, cut the red pepper back a tad if you prefer less bite.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I have got to try that!

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Chef Paul Prudhomme is an Authentic Cajun from south and southwest Louisiana, aka Acadiana

250px-Acadiana_parishes_map.png

Reactions: Dub