Random Food Pics II

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Chef Paul Prudhomme is an Authentic Cajun from south and southwest Louisiana, aka Acadiana

250px-Acadiana_parishes_map.png
All of Chef Paul's recipes I have tried over the years have not disappointed me.

Dub

Sorry folks I almost forgot, here's the recipe for this dish along with a few pics I took when preparing it once. We make it pretty often, it's worth it. It doesn't last long around here so make a good mess of it, the leftovers are great too.

View attachment 959420View attachment 959421View attachment 959422View attachment 959423View attachment 959424View attachment 959425View attachment 959426View attachment 959427

Masterpiece meal !!!!

Thanks for posting the recipe.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Chef Paul Prudhomme is an Authentic Cajun from south and southwest Louisiana, aka Acadiana

250px-Acadiana_parishes_map.png

Great food has always resulted from every Chef Paul recipe I've tried.

His rubs & seasonings are good stuff, too.

R.I.P. Paul Prudhomme.

Dub

Flounder, oysters and shrimp.

It's a meal that I grew up eating as kid on my family's weekly dining out nights at the coast. My wife, son & I changed it up and made our family meal out a bbq fest.

Lately, I've been trying to bring it back.

Great memories. Sure wish my Grandaddy & Grandma J were here to have some....as well as my Father-In-Law, Max. He was a bigtime coastal fella who lived off seafood.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

It's a meal that I grew up eating as kid on my family's weekly dining out nights at the coast. My wife, son & I changed it up and made our family meal out a bbq fest.

Great memories. Sure with my Grandaddy & Grandma J were here to have some....as well as my Father-In-Law, Max. He was a bigtime coastal fella who lived off seafood.

Nothing like Calabash seafood! That looks perfect! Seems like I can never get the Calabash thing cooked just right. It's always good, but not exactly how I want it to be.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Nothing like Calabash seafood! That looks perfect! Seems like I can never get the Calabash thing cooked just right. It's always good, but not exactly how I want it to be.

Me, too. Struggle is real.

It's so easy to overcook. One of these day's I'll figure out the proper order to cook 'em in so everything hits the table ready roll. Been doing oysters first....fish next and skrimp lastly.

Love some House-Autry Seafood breading mix.....and then some Crystal after it's done.

I know you like the Louisiana beading mix goodness.

I'm afraid I took for granted my life as a youngster when freshly speared grouper were filleted and fried in hyooge chunks. Best food I've had in my life. Thinking seriously of having whatever type of sinus surgery I need so I can dive again and bring 'em in.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Me, too. Struggle is real.

It's so easy to overcook. One of these day's I'll figure out the proper order to cook 'em in so everything hits the table ready roll. Been doing oysters first....fish next and skrimp lastly.

Love some House-Autry Seafood breading mix.....and then some Crystal after it's done.

I know you like the Louisiana beading mix goodness.

I'm afraid I took for granted my life as a youngster when freshly speared grouper were filleted and fried in hyooge chunks. Best food I've had in my life. Thinking seriously of having whatever type of sinus surgery I need so I can dive again and bring 'em in.
I like the HOA a lot too. I usaually just add a bit of black pepper and cayenne to it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Let's head around the world with a hairy hillbilly. First stop: Italy.

Chicken Parmesan:

chicken-parm.jpg

Chicken Marsala:

marsala2.jpg

Pizza:

pizza1.jpg

evenmorepizza.jpg

Stuffed grilled chicken breasts:

stuffed3.jpg

Scratch-made wild mushroom/bacon ravioli:

ravioli3.jpg

Tuscan grilled Cornish game hens and stuffed mushrooms with a cucumber salad:

game-hens.jpg

salad.jpg

More Tuscan grilled game hens:

lilcheekens2.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I really should not look in here.

Good Lord help me to overcome the irresistible desire for such mouthwatering photos posted, Amen.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Lawd have mercy, @NCHillbilly you got Eye-Talian nailed down tighter 'n storm shutters in a hurricane.

Outstanding looking meals.

Copy that!

And you know what's interesting is Italian food was VERY prominent in New Orleans also. There were a lot of Italians there. The Siclian Mafia more or less started there.

Interesting History about it below, relating it to the roots of great Italian food that could be had there besides Cajun/French:

http://mafiahistory.us/maf-b-no.html

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My taste in Italian food leans more toward the Tuscan style-more meat, less pasta.

SC Hunter

Great memories. Sure wish my Grandaddy & Grandma J were here to have some....as well as my Father-In-Law, Max. He was a bigtime coastal fella who lived off seafood.

How do you season those oysters? I love fried oysters but have never cooked any of my own for some reason!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've never tried the Ed's. Never seen it up here, I don't think. I love me some Crystal, though.