Random Gems of Wisdom

Carp

These words are from an old Gentleman that started hunting turkeys in th 30's. His name is Gene Denton. It was in Turkey and Turkey Hunting magazine and I was impressed enough to pass them on.

"Advice from an old turkey hunter is kind of like toilet paper.You keep what you want and throw the rest away."

"If your unhappy with the way you're set up on a gobbler, you will likely be unhappy wih the results."

"We didn't call turkeys "trophies" or "boss gobblers". They were old gobblers and young gobblers, but they were all "good 'uns. My definition of a good turkey is, if you get him where you can put your hand around his neck, he's a "good'un."

Many hunters, print media, and wildlife organizations use the word "harvest" instead of "kill," I believe this practice is somewhat dishonest. When you shoulder your gun and go afield, your primary goal is to kill. Since the beginning of time, the object of the hunt is to kill. I apologize to no one for my hunting. It is a very important part of my heritage. I will never deny my heritage to be politically correct."

I like the way this man thinks.

dutchman

agreed

Here, here. Especially to the last quote.