Random picture taken with a cell phone thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Gave a guy some firewood today:
View attachment 960641

No good deed goes unpunished. I got the truck and gooseneck trailer stuck. Detached the trailer and got the truck unstuck.

When backing trying to get unstuck I hit a 3" pine tree. I didn't even know I hit it.
I guess I got used to the back up sensor. When you hook up a trailer it turns off the sensor. When you unhook the trailer the sensor stays off and you have to manually re-engage it. I did not re-engage it.

View attachment 960642

I got lucky. I was driving down 15 south of Watkinsville last week. I always go different ways to wherever I'm heading just in case I run across some property for sale.
There was a farm auction on 15 scheduled for Saturday the 13th and there was some stuff already in the pasture. I spotted a Ram dually bed to I went by to check it out. It was a perfect match. Pearl in color(as opposed to plain white), up graded trim level(the plastic flare/trim), Linex bed liner, back up camera and in perfect shape.
I went to the auction yesterday. Bid opened at $1,000. No bids. He dropped it to $500 and I bid. He said the reserve was $1,000. I said I'll load it up for $750. They got the seller on the phone and I got it for $800.
The body shop said my bed would cost more than $3,000 to fix.
I'm going to sell one of my tailgates to get $600-$800 back, sell the tail lights and hopefully come out even.

Got the old lady a Cristal Metal #2 bell and got a propane tank too.

truck bed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.