Random picture taken with a cell phone thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
NEFxHQal.jpg

taken at the local car show this past weekend... :banana:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Started cutting the 3 acre front yard when it cooled off at 1700 hours. Got half way done and broke a deck belt. I hate it when that happens.
Picture of the ID sticker so I can get a new belt in the AM.mower belt.png

Hillbilly stalker

My pup dove off in the woods and I Could tell she was monking with something on the ground. Then I saw several song birds dive bombing her. I went over and found this fellar. He done robbed the nest, and judging by the bulges in his belly he already ate 2. He put on a show, rattled his tale in the leaves mocking a rattle snake. Then he coiled up in the air about 8- 10 inches like a western diamond back. I guess he couldn't run with his belly full. Training exercise for the pup. We left him.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 42

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
We're getting there.

At 6 hours into the cook I used the Texas Crutch. After 3 hours with the crutch I was at 205 degrees so I pulled the crutch to let the bark set and it's at 196 degrees. Another 30 minutes or so I should be good.

This brisket was 15 pounds, but after trimming a couple pounds of fat and about a 3 pound "roast" off the point I should be around 10 pounds. I pulled the "roast"(also crutched) at 1600 hours. It was at 211 degrees.

This is my first Texas style brisket cook. I usually cook pork butts, ribs and chicken.

I did smoke a corned beef brisket once. I put pics on a 4x4 forum and told my buddies I was a genius. They told me I had just invented pastrami.

I did have to almost close off the air to the egg to get the temp set at 250. The bottom vent is a bout 3/8" open and the daisy wheel on top is closed with the wheel open about half way.

I hope it doesn't suck.

brisket.png

Status
Not open for further replies.