Random UGA football thoughts after 3 games

MudDucker

Staff member
Swift is the best back on the team...they're keeping him fresh for the tougher SEC opponents.

????? Where do you get this from? Everything I hear is the Hollyfield finally woke up and is showing that he is a much tougher runner. He doesn't have Swift's speed, but the boy likes to lower his helmet and plow over defensive players.

TinKnocker

????? Where do you get this from? Everything I hear is the Hollyfield finally woke up and is showing that he is a much tougher runner. He doesn't have Swift's speed, but the boy likes to lower his helmet and plow over defensive players.
This. He is a 5'-11" and 215# wrecking ball. I'd like the see him fed the rock constantly. Mix in some 2 back sets and let Swift catch out of the backfield to keep them guessing.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Holyfield will be better than swift. Holyfield runs like a UGA running back, runs angry and gets behind his pads

Well he certainly looked that way last Saturday. Whether he's better than Swift remains to be seen.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
As usual I am worried. Now I am worried about our O Line and D Line. The O Line got pushed around some by Mizzou, and the D Line has been weak against the run. I expected the D Line to have some troubles this year, but felt like our O Line would knock everybody off the ball, but that has not happened, with the exception of the 2nd half of the Carolina game.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
And now we are short 2 O Line starters.

HunterJoe24

Yeah our lines got dominated Saturday. When the leading tackler on the team is a CB its a problem because the D-line is in the linebackers laps. As good as Cade Mays has looked, he's still very inexperienced against an SEC pass rush and that showed when he came in against Mizzou. If their timetable is correct Cleveland should be back by UF which will be great. I don't know how they can improve our D-line other than they need to quit playing soft and play angry like D-lineman should.

MudDucker

Staff member
1st half our lines got dominated. 2nd half, the offensive line took over and started opening big holes. Some folks need to actually watch the game and read the stats.

Defense was obviously in pass defense most of the game and their receivers got shut down. Only one tight end emerged and then Baker was put on him and that ended that as well. Our offense was scoring so fast, the defense was not getting enough rest. When asked, Fromm said the plan in the 2nd half was to ram it down their throats, but he would look and see too many receivers breaking free deep and he took the shots.

HunterJoe24

1st half our lines got dominated. 2nd half, the offensive line took over and started opening big holes. Some folks need to actually watch the game and read the stats.

Defense was obviously in pass defense most of the game and their receivers got shut down. Only one tight end emerged and then Baker was put on him and that ended that as well. Our offense was scoring so fast, the defense was not getting enough rest. When asked, Fromm said the plan in the 2nd half was to ram it down their throats, but he would look and see too many receivers breaking free deep and he took the shots.

Stats mean nothing when you actually watch the game. Statistically, our defense dominated, had 2 scores and didn't allow Locke to throw a TD. But watching the game, our defense got bullied and pushed around. If that was LSU or Auburn we get embarrassed.

DAWG1419

Yeah our lines got dominated Saturday. When the leading tackler on the team is a CB its a problem because the D-line is in the linebackers laps. As good as Cade Mays has looked, he's still very inexperienced against an SEC pass rush and that showed when he came in against Mizzou. If their timetable is correct Cleveland should be back by UF which will be great. I don't know how they can improve our D-line other than they need to quit playing soft and play angry like D-lineman should.
Not really. We had a five man box and took away the pass. Made them run instead of pass. I have another video that explains it but I can’t post it due to the language. If you want you can find it on YouTube , Uga can and will stop the run is it’s title. Same thing happened with Middle Tennessee took away the pass.

jbird1

That's just my opinion... I personally would pick Swift over Holyfield if I were drafting one let's say. I believe he has better vision, burst and natural instincts. Since I made the comment you are referring to, we have learned that Swift has been nursing a groin pull.