Rate this Leupold VariX IIc Scope

pseshooter

I have been looking for a new scope for a 270 WSM. I was about to get one put on when a friend said he had one of the VariX IIc scopes that he would sell for 125.00. It is a 3x9x40 matte finish. It looks to be in great condition with very minor marks from being mounted. Is this a good scope and is this a fair price? How does it rank next to some of the new ones out.Thanks for your input.

duckbill

I've got a couple and I think they're good scopes for the money. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the VXIIc is what the new VXI's are now.

Buzz

duckbill - Not quite. The new VXI has the MC4 coatings on the external lens surfaces while the old Vari X II has Magnesium Floride coatings.

The old scopes are very capable scopes but they don't really compete with any of the newer multicoated scopes.

duckbill

7 X 57,
Thanks for the correction. I don't know where I heard that, but I guess it was less than accurate info.

I thought about you, today. Over at the accuratereloading forum, there is an ongoing discussion (argument) about your beloved 7 X 57 cartridge. It stemmed from a complaint that CZ rifles were no longer chambering it.

Sorry, PSESHOOTER, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

pseshooter

Scope

I ended up getting the scope this afternoon and only payed 75.00 dollars. I think it will work until I get a bit more saved up to get a zeiss or something like that. I will more than likely switch it over next year to my daughters 7mm08. Thanks for the info.