Rate your weekend for the Bow Opener!

Rate your opening weekend

• Total voters

Handgunner

How was opening weekend? Number of deer season? Primary food source? Etc... Let us hear about it.

H

HT2

Delton......

Could have been better.....

Could have been worse.......

Nobody "died" so, I'd say it was an "O.K." weekend...... ;)

Kreed5821

Gone but not forgotten.
Not bad. It could have been better, but going in the woods is better than working any day!

Al33

Sat. morning hunt only for me

Not worth the effort in the heat of the day for me.

Beautiful morning and I DID see a deer but no shot. I enjoyed it, but knew going in that it would be a hit or miss proposition regarding being in the right place at the right time. The few acorns on the ground were scattered here and yonder so there was no one particular spot better looking than the others, except for terrain.

Sure did want to put all my practicing to the test along with new broadheads, arrows, and of course my long bow. Oh well, the best is yet to come and God willing, I will have plenty more opportunities before 2005 gets here.

Al

gobbler10ga

Deer hunt sat morning O had another hunter on me Bear hunt sat evening and sun. Saw 3 bear.

jrgriggs

hey i had a good timein our new club and i didnt see ne thing but my 12 year old cousin missed twice with a crossbow so seeing the looks on his face was all i needed :D

HuntinMan

It is always worth the effort to just go hunting. Plus I saw one at about 60 to 65 yards out around 7 pm. Next time maybe close that distance an get to stick him. ::huh:

Ramey Jackson

OK for me. Beats sitting on a jet flying across America! However, I only saw one deer...small buck. Maybe he'll give another chance in three more years.

tracker

opening day

I had a great time, sitting in the woods watching everything but deer. I had crabapples and acorns around me, but no deer in the pm. It still beat the am, when I didn't even get to go! :rolleyes: I'd rather be in the woods than at home. My friends hunted the morning and he saw a spike and his nephew saw 7, all out of range.

BTW, its always hot in bow season, I don't mind enough to stay out of the woods, though!!! :D

Outdoor-Writer07

Wishing...

Could've been better if I would have a got a shot at the one I seen. He was a nice buck and still in velvet and still red. I am going back after him in the morning. Maybe I will get him or his girlfriend, either will work for my first bow harvest! :pray:

Rebel 3

Would have been much better if had not have spent 45 minutes looking for my opening morning stand that was stolen. I went to another stand and ran the deer off as they blew at me for 10 minutes. Hunted two other stands the next two hunts and had deer come in on me from down wind and smell me and blow at me each time. It has just been a unlucky weekend. All I have to say is nobody better be cuaght trespassing. I pitty the fool I catch trespassing after my stand has been stolen! :mad: :shoot:

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rebel 3

That s a bummer.

ugabowhunter

Awesome Opening Weekend!!

oglethorpe county sat am - 8 pt
oglethorpe county sun am - nice doe
oconee wma - saw six deer and dropped nice doe, the freezer will be full for a while!!!

deerhuntingdawg

The deer hunting wasn't so good, but everything else(cooking out, the DAWGS, four wheelin, being away from work!!) was excellent!! :clap: :clap:

Hunted Sat and Sun Morning. Saw three deer Sun morning. Had a 20 yard broadside shot at a doe but let her walk hoping for a buck I had seen on a trail cam. I hunted beautiful ripe persimmons on Saturday...but when I got to my stand the persimmon tree were sitting in two feet of water from the storms. I don't know if that had any effect on the deer coming to them, but I didn't see a thing over those persimmons. They were falling every few minutes spashing in the water as they dropped. Oh well, I moved my stand to a pin oak flat right off a food plot for Sun. morning. This is where I saw the deer. Man... was it hot and I think I'm still a quart low of blood from the mosquito's using me as a buffet. My next purchase will definitely be a Thermacell.

bconaway

Awful Time

Well, got to the camp about 5:00, stated raining, got stuck, got unstuck, got stuck again, finally got to camp road and there were two pines down across the road, cut up in the rain with a hatchet, took an hour and a half. :banginghe
Got the camp, kept raining,.. hot.. muggy... no one else there. Got to sleep and woke up caughing my head off. Got so bad started dry heevin. Packed up, caughed the whole way home (2.5 hours one way). :banginghe

Got home and slept for 20 hours on Saturday and 18 hours on Sunday, went to the Dr. on Monday, bad case of the Flu/ Bronchitis. Still caughin a lot but hope to be back in the woods soon. Not a fun trip.