RC Planes

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
T-Bone I suggest first just going to a local hobby shop that has a good selection and just look the outdoor channel has a good R/C program every saturday-- inside R/C today @ 3:30 by my tv guide

rayjay

Here's some pics of my elecs.

Attachments

• aircraft carrier.jpg
    aircraft carrier.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Bearcat on grass.JPG
    Bearcat on grass.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 214
  • Hairy Delta.jpg
    Hairy Delta.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 211
  • Turbo Cessna Up RH frt.JPG
    Turbo Cessna Up RH frt.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 214
  • repete lh.jpg
    repete lh.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 205

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
nice RayJay

rayjay

I made my "aircraft carrier" when we were flying at an indoor soccer arena down south of atlanta. Saved trips back to the truck.

rj

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
Those of you who use electric motors--get one of those "jump start emergency batterys" for an auto if you get one with a 12V lighter hole in it you can plug in your battery charger and recharge your battery in the field while you fly--I've seen so many people walking back and forth to their cars to recharge their battery !!! I guess they never thought about it I got my recharge station for $20:huh: :huh:

rayjay

I have a passel of batteries :D Nowadays with my neck issues I can only fly 3 or 4 batteries worth and I am done for the day :( . I just go up to the field with enough batts to fly all I want and don't worry about charging.

When I was a member of a club we could park right by the benches and set up with the charger hooked to the van batt. I had 3 chargers and would have that many batts charging while I was flying. If I didn't watch out I would be taking fully charged batts home and have to use the discharge function of my charger . Nicads are best stored discharged. LiPo are best stored charged. Lipo take a lot longer to charge so I normally only charge them at home before I go flying.

Nicad 300 mah = 3 oz
Lipo 340 mah = .9 oz

On a 6 oz ready to fly plane taking off 2 oz makes an amazing difference in the flying characteristics.

Lipo batts and brushless motors transformed electric flight. Vertical performance is now commonplace.

rj