RC Planes

rayjay

Anybody else other than me and Biggus fly RC ?

rayjay

Yay! First post in the new forum !!!:yeah:

boneboy96

used to...sold all my rc stuff...planes, boats, trucks, etc. may have 1 or 2 engines left but that's all.

243Savage

I used to be in to that big time. Never quite got over a slight gravity problem I kept encountering. I've got boxes of expensive wreckage in the basement. Tried fast boats thinking that would be safer....no dice....ever seen a nitro hydro smack a turtle at 60+ mph....it ain't pretty. :banginghe

rayjay

bigdave said:
i'm trying to get started in electric planes. any tips?

Yeah, come up to the house on a calm evening and we will go up to Sugar Hill Elem and wear my neck out. I have a house full. Biggus only saw about 1/2 of them.

Lite Stiks, Foamies, Shock Flyer, Cox gas RC converted to elec, Blue Angels Bearcat.........

I'll get you a link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/index.php?topic=air-elec

rj

csp6245

I fly a little trying to get back into

EON

I mostly build when I have time, but do fly a little......key word... little.

Last edited:

CORNFED500

rc planes

Yea man I have build them from kits, from cloraplast and pvc down spout, have made many from home made stuff from a hardware store that fly great.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
I have an AEROBIRD electric plane lots of fun but haven't used it in a long time because of not having a good place to fly it--- looking at trying the Marietta/ Woodstock soccer fields when they are not being used eddy

boneboy96

there's nothing more rewarding then spending months of evenings and weekends on a plane and actually get it to fly...fly...fly away...only to crash and burn 5 seconds later. :yeah:

Racor

About 15 years ago I had a Gental Lady glider. Loved that plane. I would fly it from my parents backyard over a large corn field behind thier house. Well one day the local sherrif pulled into the drive and it seemed I was flying high enough to interfere with local airtraffic! :rofl:

I would get teh plane airborn and actually look through binoculars to help guide it back down! Those thermals back home were great!

A great hobby that I hope to share with my new born son!

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
similar story I am "HAM" radio operator and went to a "HAM" flea market ( HAMFEST)at Jim Miller Park in Cobb County there was a R/C operator there who built his planes from scratch and had HIGH power transmitters to control his planes (Hams can use higher powered r/c transmitters) any way he could fly his light weight electric so far away we could not see it with the bare eye-- he had been flying for a while when a GA. National Guard chopper flew over the J.M.Park /turned around and came back and checked out his aircraft( from a distance) for several minutes before continuing on their way-- his R/C was really way up there and a long way from the transmitter it was quite a sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dixie

Never flown the RC's but I used to wear the old string and joystick type out!! I had a model of the P-51 mustang, and the english hurricane, twin engine fighter model. Loved to go to the football field on sunday afternoons with them.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
Dixie when I was a kid we had those old planes with a hand held 2 string control-- they had gas engines and went around in a circle so fast you would get dizzy and crash the plane - but the crashes never seemed to destroy the plane so I would fly once-crash then my brother would fly once and crash and over and over eddy

dixie

Yup, that's them! Nothing quite like that smell of the gas/oil mix they burned, and having to use a six volt batt to crank them with. You could always tell when one of us had been "flying" from the prop cuts on our fingers! LOL, if I could find one, I do believe I'd try it again.

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
we need to get together and you try my electric -- just need a large clear area to fly it I am hoping to use the Marietta Soccer fields to fly sometimes--- lots of fun just start the motor and throw it in the wind and go I have several battery packs for the engine so while one is recharging we keep on flying:fine: :fine: :fine:

T-Bone

I would be interested in some more info also. I was taking flying lessons last year until fuel got so rediculous and I had to stop. Miss it very much and am looking to try RC until I can get my lessons going again. Any pointers about what to look for in a decent plane and what to look out for in the planes on Ebay?