Ready for Fields yet?

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Lots of potential. When given a chance to play, he is trying to hard to make the big play.

Fromm is a natural leader. I expect to see Fields a lot in the next game.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Ok guys anyone ready to see what Fields can do yet,

Nope! Fields is a quitter! Just like most kids these days. Faced with competition and he folds.

Jake Fromm is the leader of this team. And now he's beat out 2 #1 recruits!

Coenen

Nope! Fields is a quitter! Just like most kids these days. Faced with competition and he folds.

Jake Fromm is the leader of this team. And now he's beat out 2 #1 recruits!
I disagree with that take. Would you stay at your job if you walked in on Monday and were told you were never getting a promotion?

If Fromm is The Man, and Fields is never gonna get the job, why should he stay?

Browning Slayer

I disagree with that take. Would you stay at your job if you walked in on Monday and were told you were never getting a promotion?

If Fromm is The Man, and Fields is never gonna get the job, why should he stay?

If I was told I was never getting a Promotion? Fields was NEVER told that. It's a competition. Be the best and win a spot.

As far as staying, if you want to be the best shouldn't you beat the best? And in this case, beat Fromm out of his job? Jake hasn't had a problem "earning" his spot on the team.

Unless Fields isn't all that.. Maybe he knows he can't beat Fromm.

Coenen

If I was told I was never getting a Promotion? Fields was NEVER told that. It's a competition. Be the best and win a spot.

As far as staying, if you want to be the best shouldn't you beat the best? And in this case, beat the best QB to be the best?

Unless Fields isn't all that.. Maybe he knows he can't beat Fromm.
You don't know what he was and wasn't told during recruiting or anything else.

Obviously he's now under the impression that he's not getting the job regardless. He's probably right. Unless Fromm suffered a major injury, Fields was never going to be QB1. Fromm's resume thusfar is beyond reproach. He plays his best football when the lights are brightest, and IMO he's earned the right to be the unquestioned starter.

That "beat him out" line is a bunch of hooey in this case. He wasn't going to win the job, because the competition is over. It's Fromm's job, period.

Fields transferring is probably best for both of them.

skeeter24

That "beat him out" line is a bunch of hooey in this case. He wasn't going to win the job, because the competition is over. It's Fromm's job, period.

It was Eason's job once upon a time as well. An injury changed all that.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Fields knew the deal at UGA. If he wanted to play all he had to do was out work and out study Fromm. If being a QB at Georgia did not mean enough to him to do that, or if he was not good enough to do that, then he was not going to get much playing time.

TinKnocker

I'd be curious to go back and see how we felt about Eason transferring.
Copied my post from another thread:
That's what is crazy to me. When Eason transferred he did it the "right way". He told the team and coaches and gave good clear reason to everyone as to why. Fields on the other hand is staying silent, hiring lawyers and letting his family give 5 differing stories.

If you want out, man up and say you want out and pack your bags.

I think this is an attention stunt as much as it is him wanting actual play time.

Browning Slayer

You don't know what he was and wasn't told during recruiting or anything else.

Obviously he's now under the impression that he's not getting the job regardless. He's probably right. Unless Fromm suffered a major injury, Fields was never going to be QB1. Fromm's resume thusfar is beyond reproach. He plays his best football when the lights are brightest, and IMO he's earned the right to be the unquestioned starter.

Fields transferring is probably best for both of them.

When he came to UGA we had 2 ahead of him already. Eason ran cause he didn't want to compete with Fields. Fields is leaving cause he can't compete with Fromm. None of these kids were promised anything except a chance to compete. That's the way it is at UGA under Kirby. And it's not a secret. No one's job is safe. We are here to win and we will put the best person on the field. No exceptions.

Coenen

We are here to win and we will put the best person on the field. No exceptions.
"We."

I like you, but you're being mighty presumptuous about things that are going on behind closed doors.

Browning Slayer

"We."

I like you, but you're being mighty presumptuous about things that are going on behind closed doors.

Those were Kirby's "actual" words..

"We" also stands for Dawg Nation..

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Those were Kirby's "actual" words..

"We" also stands for Dawg Nation..

Kirby has been very upfront about who will get to play. On our first trip to SC, he said to some of the younger players, that if they wanted to get on the bus, then practice like you want to be on it everyday.