Reblueing

Hammockben1

I have a 870 that has a good bit of rust on it and I am wondering if it would benefit me to just get the kit and reblue the whole gun or what any suggestions

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Try an OLD copper penny and 0000 steel wool.
You’d be surprised how well it can look before you decide to go bluing it yourself.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
It will scrape all the rust off without harming the gun.
The copper penny is softer. YouTube it.

Jester896

Senior Clown
he left something out...when he says old penny he means one prior to 1982...that is the last year they were all copper I think...don't use the newer blended material pennies

ryanh487

Put down an old towel and spray down the metal parts of the gun generously with breakfree CLP. Let it soak for 15-20 minutes, then scrub it with a copper bristled brush and wipe it clean. Repeat until the rust is gone.

Hammockben1

he left something out...when he says old penny he means one prior to 1982...that is the last year they were all copper I think...don't use the newer blended material pennies
Yeah the videos I was watching stated that after 1982 is copper plated zinc it's not copper but I still would have never knew that though

WGSNewnan

a little oil and some 0000 steel wool would do wonders. touch it up with some cold blue and back to the woods.