Recent Eats-Yucky Food

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Finally downloaded a couple pics from the camera.

Pecan-crusted Clark's Hill catfish fillet with lemon beurre blanc sauce and homemade gnocchi.

Leave it to me to do something like make Italian gnocchi from scratch, then redneck it up by finishing it in a classic Italian bacon grease/Creole seasoning sauce. :bounce: This wasn't fit to eat at all.

pecan-catfish.jpg

Enormous bone-in chicken breast (what kind of giant superchickens are they raising nowadays, anyway?) that I soaked for four hours in a dark beer brine, then slow-smoked on the Akorn with some pecan and cherry smoke. Hit it with some SBR's doctored up with apple cider vinegar, caramalized onions, and Cheerwine. Cut some white sweet potatoes into wedges, hit them with some bbq rub, and put them on there to smoke with the chicken. My wife shucked some corn, made up a seasoned butter/lime sauce, and we threw it on the Akorn outside the edge of the smoking stone to get some char and turn into a facsimile of Mexican street corn. This also was all disgusting and tasted bad:

bbq-chicken.jpg

Taquitos stuffed with smoked chicken, roasted poblano, red bell, and jalapeno peppers, green onions, Monterey jack and extra sharp cheddar and such. Homemade guacamole. Mexican rice. This was absolutely horrible for sure:

taquitos2.jpg

Farfalle pasta with ground deer meat, peppers, Vidalias, mushrooms, reduced red wine, and Italian crushed maters. It was also quite nasty:

deerpasta3.jpg

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic eats!!!!!! :clap:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This wasn't fit to eat at all.

This also was all disgusting and tasted bad:

This was absolutely horrible for sure: