Recent Trumpets

MKW

I just wanted to post up some recent trumpets that I've built. Haven't had much time in the shop recently, but I was able to complete a couple that have been in the works for a while. All these have Buffalo Horn mouthpieces and the wood is Mopane, Kingwood, and Olivewood(2). Oh, and 2 of the have "pitted" ferrules and the other 2 have regular, shiney ferrules. Hope y'all like them.

Mike

DSCN1789Medium.jpg

DSCN1775Medium.jpg

DSCN1780Medium.jpg

Turkeydoghunter

i really like the lines of the callers do you angle the mouth piece ???

MKW

i really like the lines of the callers do you angle the mouth piece ???

Thanks for all the compliments, y'all. I really appreciate it!
And, Ron, I have done an angled mouthpiece, but I don't on a regular basis.

Mike

Hobie

Here is a close up of the one he did sorry for the quality of the picture
Mike has changed his style a little since this one it is #8 he made
MKWTrumpet8015-1.jpg

Turkeydoghunter

thanks mike ...the reason i ask is the angle lets me manipulate the air flow for highs and lows....it give me a consitency that lets me call with ease and realism....Ron

MKW

thanks mike ...the reason i ask is the angle lets me manipulate the air flow for highs and lows....it give me a consitency that lets me call with ease and realism....Ron

Yep, I completely understand. Hobie is the only one to ever ask me for the angled mouthpiece and I did it. It's not a big deal and if somebody requests it, I can do it with no problem.

Mike

Bram

Nice calls Mike...glad you are sending those to your friends...be looking for mine...friend...thanks..:cool:

Gerry

J Gilbert

Mike,
Those look great, I'll definately be picking up a wooden one to go with my delrin call I got from you a month or so ago. I'm still practicing alot and can't wait to get into the woods with it

Gaswamp

awesome man. One day I hope to get on your list

Nitro

Banned
Gents,

I took ownership of the Kingwood caller. It is a masterpiece. Mike has really done a nice job on these calls.

Great tone and the craftsmanship is second to none.

Nice work Mike, I am proud to add this call to the arsenal.

Fellas, if you are on the fence about getting a trumpet call- Mike can put you into a great one for a very reasonable price.

Outstanding calls.

MKW

Thanks a lot for the kind words, Andrew. I'm really glad that you like the trumpet! I hope it serves you well in the woods.

Mike