Recent Trumpets

Brad C.

Mike,

I think you should have been making these years ago. You make em has good as I have seen. Awesome work!

242outdoors

Banned
very beautitul. i'm a lil unfamiliar with them....volume, ease of use and such, range of calls. would still love to have one and try it out

Nitro

Banned
very beautitul. i'm a lil unfamiliar with them....volume, ease of use and such, range of calls. would still love to have one and try it out

I'll chime in...........:bounce:

1. Volume- depends on the call and the operators ability.

2. Ease of use- see above.

3. Range of calls- see #1. :rofl:

All calls of the Wild Turkey can be made with a trumpet. (although the purr eludes me- I am working on it)

Seriously, there is a reason (most) folks don't learn to use a trumpet call. It takes more practice and skill to run one.

In my opinion (for what it's worth) if there is a "secret" weapon on Gobblers (especially Public land or "fooled with" Gobblers) a Trumpet call has been the death sentence for many of my birds.

In the right hands (and I am not professing to be an expert)... the Trumpet call can be DEADLY.

One only has to listen to Frank Cox or Zach Farmer run one and you will be blown away.

In my opinion, sounding unlike a mouth call can be one of the best ways to break an old hook spurred hardhead break down and strut (or sneak) on in to the gun.

I really like hunting with one. It's another weapon in the arsenal. I am trying to convert a few folks to them for a reason.

I will always hunt with a mouth diaphragm, but I love fooling one with a trumpet call.

Try one and you may be a disciple too. Trumpets (and wingbones of course)are among the earliest of calls and I enjoy that historical aspect as well.

Good Luck!!

242outdoors

Banned
I'll chime in...........:bounce:

1. Volume- depends on the call and the operators ability.

2. Ease of use- see above.

3. Range of calls- see #1. :rofl:

All calls of the Wild Turkey can be made with a trumpet. (although the purr eludes me- I am working on it)

Seriously, there is a reason (most) folks don't learn to use a trumpet call. It takes more practice and skill to run one.

In my opinion (for what it's worth) if there is a "secret" weapon on Gobblers (especially Public land or "fooled with" Gobblers) a Trumpet call has been the death sentence for many of my birds.

In the right hands (and I am not professing to be an expert)... the Trumpet call can be DEADLY.

One only has to listen to Frank Cox or Zach Farmer run one and you will be blown away.

In my opinion, sounding unlike a mouth call can be one of the best ways to break an old hook spurred hardhead break down and strut (or sneak) on in to the gun.

I really like hunting with one. It's another weapon in the arsenal. I am trying to convert a few folks to them for a reason.

I will always hunt with a mouth diaphragm, but I love fooling one with a trumpet call.

Try one and you may be a disciple too. Trumpets (and wingbones of course)are among the earliest of calls and I enjoy that historical aspect as well.

Good Luck!!

preciate the info...i've used an old hand made wingbone before and i've seen some trumpets but never tried them. i like to try a lil of them all so i may have to get one and these seem to be very very well made. thanks

Nitro

Banned
MKW, Tim Sanford, Alan Sentell, Bram, Shortstop and many others here make outstanding Wingbone and Trumpet calls.

PM any of them and they will hook you up with your own secret weapon.

Good Luck!!!

MKW

I'd be happy to build you one. I'm actually, for the first time since I started, building up a little inventory.:clap:

Mike

Nitro

Banned
Best I ever heard on a trumpet was Ron Magnano
Never heard of him. Educate us please.

I have been privileged to listen to Rudy Simeone, Gary Berry, Parker Whedon, Darrel Gibson, Charleton Cannington, Steve Turpin, Nathan Detmer, Ralph Permar. Herb Hornstra and others noted above.......

None played the callers the same and all sounded like hens..... Great talent to be able to run a trumpet yelper.

MKW

Nitro,
Ron Magnano is turkeydoghunter on here. I've heard he's pretty dang good on a trumpet.

Mike

All of the above mentioned in both post are good Nitro, I have heard several of them, I expect if you could give Ron a call, you too would be impressed.

Again very nice trumpets Mike.

Toddmann

Mike those are some extremely good looking calls. I have never tried a trumpet call. I need to get one and give it a try this spring. Do you use them for most hunting situations or is it a call u use to in certain situations?

six

Last year was my first experience with a Trumpet. The best I could tell is it's like any other call, it will work in any situation depending on the individual turkey. It's an additional tool that may help tip the odds in your favor on any given day. I had good enough results last year that I will be carrying one with me from now on.

I just recently got one of MKW's Trumpets and I'm looking forward to giving it a try this spring. If the spring birds like it half as much as the fall birds I've been playing with it should be a fun spring!

Latest posts