Recommend me a turkey vest

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
My birthday is coming up and I'm thinking I may replace my circa 1988 turkey vest finally. What kind do you use and how do you like it?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Old time pre-1840 possibles bag. That`s what I use.

I bought the academy brand (which is Gamewinner I think) with full Intentions of replacing it after one season cause my last vest died when I was guiding a Hunt and I needed one the next day. Surprisingly the gamewinner vest has held up to all my abuse ( Coming from me means alot I break just about everything ). It was pretty cheap compared to ol tom which is the one I had before. I would certainly give it a look for the price.

DRBugman85

Tom Teaser and a Fat Boy seat,Holds everything that my vest held and in warmer weather it is not to hot .

fountain

Tom Teaser and a Fat Boy seat,Holds everything that my vest held and in warmer weather it is not to hot .

I second the Tom teaser quick sack. It holds everything had in my vest and I take it on and off when I set up. Doesn't get the like a vest

JHannah92

I looked at the mossy oak super elite vest in Nashville and almost bought one. Seems like a good vest. Think I'm going with a fanny pack and hammock seat this year though.

mwood1985

Lol

Old time pre-1840 possibles bag. That`s what I use.

Ol Nic don't ever seem to like the new stuff. I will concur though. I carry a modern one I picked up at wally world. One big pocket and a smaller one and a carry strap. Wife and buddies call it my woods purse but I don't care. There's always room in it for a bottle of water first aid kit fire starters a poncho that doubles as a tarp to make a shelter 100 feet of paracord a small flashlight an extra mag for the glock and a extra box of shells for whatever firearm I'm hunting with. I usually toss my calls in the smaller pocket. It's light the whole thing is 3 pounds tops its handy and if I ever get hurt or lost in the woods the basic stuff I need to survive the night is there until rescue. If I have to drop my Pack or my turkey vest the little ones always over my shoulder

nick_o_demus

I second the tom teaser quick sack. Especially if you have a gut like me. Vests become very uncomfortable.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Ol Nic don't ever seem to like the new stuff. I will concur though. I carry a modern one I picked up at wally world. One big pocket and a smaller one and a carry strap. Wife and buddies call it my woods purse but I don't care. There's always room in it for a bottle of water first aid kit fire starters a poncho that doubles as a tarp to make a shelter 100 feet of paracord a small flashlight an extra mag for the glock and a extra box of shells for whatever firearm I'm hunting with. I usually toss my calls in the smaller pocket. It's light the whole thing is 3 pounds tops its handy and if I ever get hurt or lost in the woods the basic stuff I need to survive the night is there until rescue. If I have to drop my Pack or my turkey vest the little ones always over my shoulder

The old stuff still works good. :D I`m gonna be hunting with a 100+ year old scratch box, made by my Grandfather when he was a boy, this year. He called my first turkey up with it, when I was a little bitty boy. :cheers:

mtstephens18

x2. Love this vest! And i picked it up when it was on sale and I had a gift card, so can't beat that either. :cheers:

X3. I like mine pretty well also. Only thing I don't like about it is the pouches for pot calls. They ain't big enough to fit a pot call in. They are only big enough for a can of snuff. I don't know if they just messed mine up or if they're all like that

M Sharpe

Epeards (little big horn) gobbler lounger. Hard to find but hard to beat.

Been hunting out of one of those for years. Later in the season I switch to just a bag.