Recommendations on retriever training

Can anyone put some thoughts on guys in the sowega area I really want to be close enough to work with the dog on some weekends

fowlmeat08

My dog is with Marcus Bice at Mulberry Creek Kennels in Fortson just north of Columbus. Have been really pleased with the results so far. Going to run him in his first UKC hunt test in Rome next month.

critterbait

Please don't pick a trainer based on how close you live to them choose the one that's gone do the most for your dog and your money. Check out Marty Griner at Briar Creek Southern Kennels in Grovetown.

TAS

Another vote for Taylor Farm Kennels. Maybe find a local hunt test coming up and get a chance to watch some different trainers and dogs. Might get a feel for different styles ect.

Anyone had any luck or have suggestions on weekend training or once a week? My wife having a hard time letting her dog go for 30 days.

flatsmaster

Tmbdudley I'd find the closest Retriever club and join and train with them ... usually some very knowledgeable amateur trainers

TAS

I don't have experience with that club. That being said...when I got my first dog I had zero experience in dog training. One thing I have learned about the dog training community, Pro and amateur, they are not condescending and for the most part root for every dog to succeed. Really glad I got into it. Great group of people. Give the club a shot.