Reconyx trail cameras

alonghi85

Thinking of purchasing a reconyx trail camera. Read a lot of the reviews with lots of good one very few bad. Anyone have/use one had any problems???

livetohunt

There are a lot of threads about reconyx on here if you do a search. I have used just about every brand trail camera over the years and reconyx is by far the best I have used..The question is do you want to pay $550 for a black flash camera or $450 for a regular infrared reconyx? Cost really is what it boils down too.

PappyHoel

I have nothing bad to say about them. Mine last 5 years of continuous operation. I haven't sent it in for repair.

alonghi85

There are a lot of threads about reconyx on here if you do a search. I have used just about every brand trail camera over the years and reconyx is by far the best I have used..The question is do you want to pay $550 for a black flash camera or $450 for a regular infrared reconyx? Cost really is what it boils down too.

I've been on there website several times I'm leaning towards the pc800 or the xr6

N

NantucketShedHunter

Also consider putting $600 cash on a tree just to have a mouth-breathing knuckle dragger take it all.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
They are the best trail cameras on the market and will last a long, long time but like Nantucket said.........

Hunter922

Great cams I have three ( 2 RC55's / 1 HC600 Hyper). They take amazing pictures. The RC55's are tanks and you can get used ones on AT.. New They are Pricey but it beats putting up a crap camera leaving it for two months only to find out it doesn't work well or at all..

nmurph

I have three RC60's. They do no do video, but they do shoot two frames per second and have zero recovery time bw shots. I will say, I bought a Bushnell Agressor and used it a little at the end of the season. Its performance seems to be very close the Reconyx.

kbuck1

Don't these trail cameras send text or e-mail pictures. That means if someone trys to steal it you'll have his picture

The 1200 dollar ones do. But, if they get it off the tree and turn the camera off before iy transmits the photos you won't get the picture. Reconyx takez 3 to 4 minutes to transmit a series of 3 to 5 pics

billc

Reconyx

I have the original model. On the same tree for over 8 years straight, no problems. Also have the HC600 blackout 4 years or so, and the XR6, which can take Video. All are excellent. Never had a problem with any of them. XR6 takes awesome videos. Have had Stealthcam, Moultrie, Bushnell. None of them lasted for me.