Red Rock Rifles with Huskemaw scopes

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
michaelee84, "Does it come with the load data to make sure ballistics are gonna match the turrets?"

You are thinking backwards.

You make your most accurate load then shoot your drops at 200, 300 and 400 yards to see what the arc your bullet takes as it travels down range. Then give that info to the turret maker or custom label maker so they can calibrate them for your load and bullet. You never change the load and bullet so it will always shoot the same at that altitude.

In other words you have the turrets made to match your load.

gt40

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I thought u were saying it come with pre set turrets. Was wondering how that would work out

You can have them make the custom turrets or custom turret labels with ballistic programs, but by using my suggestion they are more accurate. Every rifle shoots a little different. It can make a difference if the barrels are 16", 18", 20", 22", 24", 26", 28" or maybe 30". By shooting at different distances and finding out what the arc of the bullet it fine tunes your turrets.

gt40

PS: I do this before having the turrets made. Here is the first target I shot with my new custom turret at 400 yards. I shot 3 times to see "IF" I was even on the paper. It is perfectly dead nuts accurate all the way out to 900 yards which is as far it will dial for my 6mm Norma BR.

Attachments

• 400 yd target.jpg
    400 yd target.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Chase4556

Leupold offers the same thing with some of their scopes and the CDS turret. My buddy has one on his 204 ruger, and sent it to them. Got it back and its within .25-.5 inch out to 400yds.

NCMTNHunter

Huskemaw makes a fine scope. I have a Leupold with their cds system on a 338 rcm. These systems work great. Much more reliable than they used to be.