Red wolf returns

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Based on my personal studies and observations over the last 30 years, I agree with you. When the prey base populations rose, the predator population returned with them. The red wolf was one of those predators.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to tell. Looks by like ole Wily Coyote wearing a pretty fur coat to me.
A genetic study says different. Several of them, in fact. Our eastern canine hybrids are not coyotes, though they have coyote as part of their genetic makeup. Full-blooded coyotes out west don't have variations like that, and are half the size of ours, and don't run in packs.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nice capture!

rshunter

What about this thing? I don't have a comparison photo but I thought he was just the biggest coyote I had ever seen. Thought is was somebody German Shepard at first lol.

Attachments

• 20221114_194415.jpg
    20221114_194415.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 85

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
What about this thing? I don't have a comparison photo but I thought he was just the biggest coyote I had ever seen. Thought is was somebody German Shepard at first lol.
That is a big coyote/ red wolf/ coy dog or whatever anyone wants to call them .
I call them all coyotes, and enjoy outsmarting them . Especially trying to make him put his foot in a couple inch circle . And even though a lot of people disagree I feel like I’m helping the wildlife in my area . IMG_4754.jpeg

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I call them all coyotes, and enjoy outsmarting them . Especially trying to make him put his foot in a couple inch circle . And even though a lot of people disagree I feel like I’m helping the wildlife in my area . View attachment 1283023
Got this one last week. She sure was purty! I let them calm down for pics. Cause they are always upset. Not sure why. ;)
E5ED5ADE-3304-4430-A489-4307D8D07ACC.jpeg

furtaker

I call them all coyotes, and enjoy outsmarting them . Especially trying to make him put his foot in a couple inch circle . And even though a lot of people disagree I feel like I’m helping the wildlife in my area . View attachment 1283023
About the people who find trapping distasteful...well, I just say that you can't fix stupid.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
He looks like he wants you to pet him. :)