Reel Mower

sinclair1

Keep an eye out in the used return section of Home Depot/ Lowes. Lots of people buy them only to realize they don't cut over grown grass very well and return them. If you like cutting grass every two weeks or think you may go two weeks, get a rotory. You could even try a battery mower if it's a small yard.

Reel mowers stink at tall grass.

DAWG1419

If you do it get a tru cut. Cut every week or every 3/4 days. You will be amazed at the cut. Nothing better. Don’t let it seed out either. What kind of grass?

TJay

When does one start mowing Zoysia after sodding? We had some sod put down when we had our pool installed and with all the rain and us watering it's taken hold pretty good. So when do I mow it?

DAWG1419

When does one start mowing Zoysia after sodding? We had some sod put down when we had our pool installed and with all the rain and us watering it's taken hold pretty good. So when do I mow it?
If it’s taken to the erf mow away. Just try and not scalp it. Cut a little high

DAWG1419

I was cutting my Bermudagrass front yard every 3, at most 4, days. On August 19th I sprayed a plant growth regulator on the lawn. Next time I mowed was August 31st, then again on Sept 13th. Each time I took about 3/8” to 1/2” off. Currently grass height is about 2-1/2”. Next spring, I will control at a much shorter length. Directions say to apply every 4 weeks during active growing season. Greatly reduces leaf length growth, encourages root growth and turf density. So far I see only multiple benefits, no negatives. If interested, Google and YouTube are your friends. Stuff I bought is T-Nex. A gallon cost me about $140, but enough for at least a couple years - about 170,000 sq ft, more for some grasses. Zoysia requires 1/3 the amount as Bermudagrass. And I got a 24V rechargeable 4 gallon sprayer. Look into it if you’re spending too much time mowing.
You can chemical mow with round up also. Check the label and much cheaper