Relentless

Israel

Thread starter #1
I have observed this among men, men whose desire is towards attainment in the world.

Time and place. Time and place.

But this I have seen in the very One who has spoken these words:

“Believe Me, woman,” Jesus replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

Relentlessly.

gordon 2

I have observed this among men, men whose desire is towards attainment in the world.

Time and place. Time and place.

But this I have seen in the very One who has spoken these words:

“Believe Me, woman,” Jesus replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

Relentlessly.
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."

Interesting.

What would qualify as "heart being perfect towards him"? Ideas?

Last edited:

Israel

Thread starter #3
For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war."

Interesting.

What would qualify as "heart being perfect towards him"? Ideas?

Yes...that's the "heart" of it, isn't it?

Who is presented to me as so strengthened before God as death could not hold him? Is there one? Have I seen Him? Might I know Him?

Ahhh, I must know this heart...this heart that is so committed that such strength of support is manifest in being raised out from the dead. May I know it? May I see it? May...I touch it? May I...(O God I need such boldness) have it?

For mine own...in such light, fails within me...I must die...I cannot help but die as all and only fitting to that heart. I am made to accept that price to pay...to see.

And find all that is traded is blinders, scales, harsh and stony things, once valued...but shown in light now for what they are. And always were...nothing.

It is all I have ever had...these nothings...to give in exchange...for what could never be bought. What is always in the giving.

Oh! That heart!

gordon 2

Yes...that's the "heart" of it, isn't it?

Who is presented to me as so strengthened before God as death could not hold him? Is there one? Have I seen Him? Might I know Him?

Ahhh, I must know this heart...this heart that is so committed that such strength of support is manifest in being raised out from the dead. May I know it? May I see it? May...I touch it? May I...(O God I need such boldness) have it?

For mine own...in such light, fails within me...I must die...I cannot help but die as all and only fitting to that heart. I am made to accept that price to pay...to see.

And find all that is traded is blinders, scales, harsh and stony things, once valued...but shown in light now for what they are. And always were...nothing.

It is all I have ever had...these nothings...to give in exchange...for what could never be bought. What is always in the giving.

Oh! That heart!
5Who is like the LORD our God, Who is enthroned on high, 6Who humbles Himself to behold The things that are in heaven and in the earth? 7He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the needy from the ash heap,…

Would this qualify perhaps? as "a heart perfect toward him?"

Israel

Thread starter #5
5Who is like the LORD our God, Who is enthroned on high, 6Who humbles Himself to behold The things that are in heaven and in the earth? 7He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the needy from the ash heap,…

Would this qualify perhaps? as "a heart perfect toward him?"
Yes, God has a very certain affinity to widows and orphans; those who, in their state of being, have no worldly support.

gordon 2

Yes, God has a very certain affinity to widows and orphans; those who, in their state of being, have no worldly support.

Quote [Who is like the LORD, our God, Who is enthroned on high, 6Who humbles Himself to behold The things that are in heaven and in the earth? 7He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the needy from the ash heap,…} end quote.

Let me paraphrase my meaning.

Who is like our Lord, like Jesus, like God Himself, an individual, what person is like Him, what believer, what person of faith, what saint, what Christian calling himself saved, or born again, who humbles himself to behold the things that are of heaven and in the earth as God sees them? Because of Christ in you for example, do you humble yourself to these things that are both of heaven and in the earth as God does? Do you consider them the things in heaven and in the earth with humbleness as God has and does and act accordingly to the example of Jesus if you are a Christian, according to the the examples God provides because you listen to, you give way to the Holy Spirit in you? Do you walk with God?

And if you do, is this your perfection and commitment towards God as God would judge or ( accept) perfection and commitment towards him in a person, in an individual, in man, in a human being created and recreated, born again in His image?

Is this the kind of person God would search for and seek to strengthen? The same person that would in His fashion search for Him and on His ways and call on Him?

Last edited:

Israel

Thread starter #7
sweet!

Israel

Thread starter #9
Quote [Who is like the LORD, our God, Who is enthroned on high, 6Who humbles Himself to behold The things that are in heaven and in the earth? 7He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the needy from the ash heap,…} end quote.

Let me paraphrase my meaning.

Who is like our Lord, like Jesus, like God Himself, an individual, what person is like Him, what believer, what person of faith, what saint, what Christian calling himself saved, or born again, who humbles himself to behold the things that are of heaven and in the earth as God sees them? Because of Christ in you for example, do you humble yourself to these things that are both of heaven and in the earth as God does? Do you consider them the things in heaven and in the earth with humbleness as God has and does and act accordingly to the example of Jesus if you are a Christian, according to the the examples God provides because you listen to, you give way to the Holy Spirit in you? Do you walk with God?

And if you do, is this your perfection and commitment towards God as God would judge or except perfection and commitment towards him in a person, in an individual, in man, in a human being created and recreated, born again in His image?

Is this the kind of person God would search for and seek to strengthen? The same person that would in His fashion search for Him and on His ways and call on Him?

I ask for sake of clarity...did you mean as stated...except...or rather...expect?

For in both context can have a sense...but (to me) one appears a more excellent question than another.

gordon 2

Darn! This might be a great example why fellowship is wholesome. Thanks.

Neither except or expect! Good grief! My bad.

I meant acceptable!

Acceptable as perfection-- a perfection acceptable to God.

My reasoning is that since we are born again due to the Holy Spirit given to us, and now with us, God with us, and as such that we are re-formed spiritually once again to the image of God, God seeing his image in us even darkly or even through our carnality, even this might just account for a acceptable perfection. I think of the children for example...

Last edited:

Israel

Thread starter #11
LOL...It was perfect! No bad...at all. It's so funny, only the Lord could have arranged it.

This is where it had me today.
"Is that Gordon asking me if I expect perfection from others?"

(Something was very ready to get "its hackles up".)

But then...someone else prevailed. "Why isn't it a fair question...do I?" Do I have either mote or beam that's laying "unjust" burdens on others? Just passing off to others a burden I can't carry...and if so, why or what is causing me to "feel" a burden...that would cause me to do so? Am I so deceived truly in that? Maybe he sees something needing to be dealt with. Maybe Lord...you see something...needing to be dealt with.

I am simply found...or found "out" in everything. It appears men carry something, a something that can, and does...work in two ways. At least if what I carry in me...is man. If I am...a man.

Man needs to be seen and known...not be alone...but...at the same time a thing operates..."not too much". Do you know what I mean?

In the simplest terms, I delight in knowing, and being known by my wife. But...everything? I mean...what if God allowed her to see the "complete video" of my mind? Would I forever be ashamed? As glad then "to be known?"

So, yes, it was perfect. Even if what appeared as error "between us"...it was a perfect reminder that a man must be able to eat his own words...eat from the table he would serve up to others.
And how often have I been either too bold...or barely bold enough to repeat

"everything is open and laid bare before Him with whom we have to do".

I never know my position until I am told. And discover there I am either dining...or being force fed.

Either way...I have to eat.

Last edited:

gordon 2

LOL...It was perfect! No bad...at all. It's so funny, only the Lord could have arranged it.

This is where it had me today.
"Is that Gordon asking me if I expect perfection from others?"

(Something was very ready to get "its hackles up".)

But then...someone else prevailed. "Why isn't it a fair question...do I?" Do I have either mote or beam that's laying "unjust" burdens on others? Just passing off to others a burden I can't carry...and if so, why or what is causing me to "feel" a burden...that would cause me to do so? Am I so deceived truly in that? Maybe he sees something needing to be dealt with. Maybe Lord...you see something...needing to be dealt with.

I am simply found...or found "out" in everything. It appears men carry something, a something that can, and does...work in two ways. At least if what I carry in me...is man. If I am...a man.

Man needs to be seen and known...not be alone...but...at the same time a thing operates..."not too much". Do you know what I mean?

In the simplest terms, I delight in knowing, and being known by my wife. But...everything? I mean...what if God allowed her to see the "complete video" of my mind? Would I forever be ashamed? As glad then "to be known?"

So, yes, it was perfect. Even if what appeared as error "between us"...it was a perfect reminder that a man must be able to eat his own words...eat from the table he would serve up to others.
And how often have I been either too bold...or barely bold enough to repeat

"everything is open and laid bare before Him with whom we have to do".

I never know my position until I am told. And discover there I am either dining...or being force fed.

Either way...I have to eat.
When God told folks to name things... did He need to know everything-- the motivations in naming things?

When folk were naked and could of cared less, did God need to know everything?

And when folk got fussy about their jean brands, being self conscious about pendulous abdomens or the Scandinavian body type vs others-- did He need to know everything, and the motivations for the choices in brands?

Conversely do we need to know everything about God? Part of a perfect heart might just be its individuality caused in part by things best kept to secret and mystery? Things best kept for times and places as when prophecies come into their own with life giving clarity.