Religion is for stupid people

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Just curious, do you atheists ever get on other forms or websites debating the existence of Allah and other gods, or is it only the Christian God that offends you and upsets you?
I stick to forums that are specifically titled Atheists/ Agnostics /Apologetics. It is almost as if the title was made for those three to get together and converse/debate.

If someone does not believe that a God exists, why would they be offended or upset by something that does not exist?

Are you offended by the Super Lord IshKabibble?
Me neither.
But if someone claimed that IshKabibble is active in their life, saves people from harm, is all knowing, is all powerful, can leap tall buildings in a single bound.....wouldn't you be curious and ask for proof? Especially if they say that if you do not worship IshKabibble you will spend eternity suffering..
I get awfully curious to see if they know what the heck they are talking about...if they can prove to me that what they say is truthful, I may need to rethink things.

WaltL1

Just curious, do you atheists ever get on other forms or websites debating the existence of Allah and other gods, or is it only the Christian God that offends you and upsets you?
A/As don't believe gods exist therefore aren't offended or upset by the god they don't believe exists.
Having said that, this is the only religious forum I take part in so its always Christian beliefs/the Christian God that gets debated.

WaltL1

I get what you’re saying. I think it may be the way I’m looking at “elect”

When I think of the elect, or “his”, it’s those that chose to follow, not those that he chose.

I don’t believe he chose me over you, I chose to follow, if that makes sense?
Yep that makes sense.
Its actually exactly how I used to look at it.
From discussing here, my understanding of Election has changed some.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yep that makes sense.
Its actually exactly how I used to look at it.
From discussing here, my understanding of Election has changed some.
I can relate. I know folks that fully believe there are those are chosen to be and chosen not to be.

Israel

BANNED
A simple test.
A universe populated only by your own clone.
How does that appear?

Would "another you"...believe YOU are the original? Would you care? Should you?

DO...you?

Or, are you...not? (the original?)

Would you even know?

Would you even know that you are of a population of clone?

Would there be ONE necessity for you to know, (and entrance into that) in any way...what you are, who you are?

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
A simple test.
How does that appear?

DO...you?

Would you even know?

Would there be ONE necessity for you to know, (and entrance into that) in any way...what you are, who you are?
Maybe I am the clone?

Israel

BANNED
Maybe I am the clone?

!!!Yes!!!

No?

I'm Spartacus!

No...wait...

Yikes!

...it seemed like such a cool idea at the time...excuse me...could you scratch my nose...?

Oh, you can't reach it either...?

As Ambush said:

Build the thing again and let someone else try. If nothing happens then that says something. If something happens then that says something, too.

Fair disclosure:

I am far more the guy on the left hand side they pass in that wagon, shouting out to them..."Hey...could you go back and tell them I'm not really Spartacus?"

(All my betters simply keep their mouths shut)

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Where did you go?
You got three people to answer your question, can you answer what was asked of you also?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
A simple test.
How does that appear?

DO...you?

Would you even know?

How is that test simple?

furtaker

Where did you go?
You got three people to answer your question, can you answer what was asked of you also?
Answer what? Your rhetorical question about Super Lord IshKabibble?

I'm not angry at him. I don't believe he exists. That's why you'll never catch me wasting hours of my life discussing it on the internet. And acting angry and hostile about it all the time on top of that.

WaltL1

Answer what? Your rhetorical question about Super Lord IshKabibble?

I'm not angry at him. I don't believe he exists. That's why you'll never catch me wasting hours of my life discussing it on the internet. And acting angry and hostile about it all the time on top of that.
That's why you'll never catch me wasting hours of my life discussing it on the internet.
Kinda seems like you are in a discussion to me.
Just sayin'.

The vast majority of the A/As in here were once Christians so the subject means more to us than Ishkabibble probably means to you.

furtaker

Kinda seems like you are in a discussion to me.
Just sayin'.

The vast majority of the A/As in here were once Christians so the subject means more to us than Ishkabibble probably means to you.
I stop in here occasionally because I'm a believer. You won't catch me discussing Ishkabibble or the Cookie Monster.
It appears that the Christian God consumes about 44.68% of the atheist's life.

WaltL1

I stop in here occasionally because I'm a believer. You won't catch me discussing Ishkabibble or the Cookie Monster.
You asked a question.
We responded.
No need to throw in wacky percentages that have 0 facts behind them.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
See this is why we discuss things...people make a claim like 44.68% of an atheists life being consumed by the Christian god, and then we ask them to back that up with facts.
Do you have anything that would confirm your number or are you just expecting someone to take your word on it. (Which is the exact reason we like to discuss things in here)

What I don't understand is why you question another person about the way they choose to spend some of their time. I personally am incredibly interested in hearing what others have to say. If I can give an argument against and someone can counter with something that I have not thought of or can show me proof to back up their claim, I would enjoy that even more. I want someone to come up with something substantial. Despite differences in religious beliefs I enjoy talking to many in here as much as I do about hunting and reloading.
??So what??

ambush80

Ambush...Is your mom any part Cherokee?
Know anyone part of the Tuskegee Syphilis experiment?
Maybe know of someone part of the MK Ultra/Midnight Climax matter?
(A Doc I work with is also involved with movie production and has a stake in the film's soon release of the same name "Midnight Climax", funny, right?)

To some...or many, the notion of "government conspiracy" is not as far fetched as a laugh might indicate to others.

Today I saw a man wearing two watches.
His reason?

"One might be wrong."

Nope. She's most likely got some Spanish Colonizer in her.

WaltL1

See this is why we discuss things...people make a claim like 44.68% of an atheists life being consumed by the Christian god, and then we ask them to back that up with facts.
Do you have anything that would confirm your number or are you just expecting someone to take your word on it. (Which is the exact reason we like to discuss things in here)

What I don't understand is why you question another person about the way they choose to spend some of their time. I personally am incredibly interested in hearing what others have to say. If I can give an argument against and someone can counter with something that I have not thought of or can show me proof to back up their claim, I would enjoy that even more. I want someone to come up with something substantial. Despite differences in religious beliefs I enjoy talking to many in here as much as I do about hunting and reloading.
??So what??
So what Fur is really doing is the 'ol "for people who don't believe in the Christian God, you sure do talk about the Christian God a lot". Yawn.
But here's what gets missed pretty much all the time -
In this conversation with Fur we have now talked about -
Ishkabibble, why A/As chat here, what Fur doesn't discuss, a wacky claim of 44.68%, The Cookie Monster...….. that's just off the top of my head.
A whole plethora of subject matter except one...…. the Christian God.
Seems like most of the Christian's here translate that to "denying God, talking about God, trying to prove God doesn't exist, spending 44.68% of your life discussing the Christian God...".

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
So what Fur is really doing is the 'ol "for people who don't believe in the Christian God, you sure do talk about the Christian God a lot". Yawn.
But here's what gets missed pretty much all the time -
In this conversation with Fur we have now talked about -
Ishkabibble, why A/As chat here, what Fur doesn't discuss, a wacky claim of 44.68%, The Cookie Monster...….. that's just off the top of my head.
A whole plethora of subject matter except one...…. the Christian God.
Seems like most of the Christian's here translate that to "denying God, talking about God, trying to prove God doesn't exist, spending 44.68% of your life discussing the Christian God...".
Agreed,
When we do talk about anything else that would require an honest answer all we get in reply is that he didn't want to answer rhetoric, wouldn't waste time talking about something that does not exist(even though some believers tell us that something exists until someone can prove it doesn't), and I get the feeling that he believes the Christian god exists yet does not want to discuss that in here either.
I can't understand why someone pops in to make drive by comments about what is being discussed when they themselves don't want to discuss anything. :huh:

ambush80

I don't believe in Unicorns, nor do I spend hours each day talking about them trying to disprove their existence. Futility is a pointless exercise.

If someone's belief in unicorns was the reason that they flew a plane into a building, protested dead soldiers, or killed abortion doctors I would find talking about their belief more pertinent and interesting. I would find someone's belief in unicorns interesting regardless. I wish a unicorn believer would show up so that I could discuss their belief with them. I really want to know what makes them tick.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If someone's belief in unicorns was the reason that they flew a plane into a building, protested dead soldiers, or killed abortion doctors I would find talking about their belief more pertinent and interesting. I would find someone's belief in unicorns interesting regardless. I wish a unicorn believer would show up so that I could discuss their belief with them. I really want to know what makes them tick.
We really don't discuss Allah though............and I find it hard to believe that any Christian would protest dead soldiers and kill abortion doctors. That goes against everything I have ever known about Christianity. Maybe to Furtakers defense, the Christian God seems to take the blame for all of that.