Religion is for stupid people

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Well if you see me do that, call me out on it. Until then, you’re only fabricating actions and judging by assuming.

Or, is this the standard of living you’re familiar with and think that everyone follows suit?
I am including EVERYONE who identifies themselves as being Christian, you included.

I am not saying or implying that I am somehow better than anyone else. That is the Christian thing

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Many apocalyptic preachers of that time period contradicted the new ways religion was going and used the Torah as a guide to back to or else suffer the consequences.
If you understand the significance of the words of the time period you should also understand ALL of preachers who existed before, during and after Jesus who used the same words. The entire history of the Jewish religion is filled with multiple gods, multiple movements, multiple disciples of the various leaders of those various movements and many messiah candidates that to this day are not Messiahs yet fulfilled more prophesy than Jesus.

Of course if someone wants to have their followers believe in them, they will use terminology that helps their cause.
"I Am"..
Really, THAT is proof he is God?

Isnt that just the thing you would expect a writer to write???
The one certainty is, we will all learn the truth one day. ;)

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I am including EVERYONE who identifies themselves as being Christian, you included.

I am not saying or implying that I am somehow better than anyone else. That is the Christian thing

I’m not sure if you can see the hypocrisy in your comments when it comes to judging and self centered but......

And no, it’s not the Christian thing, it’s a fabricated tool used by non believers to crutch their argument to create a diversion in order to take attention away from their disdain towards Christianity.;)

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I’m not sure if you can see the hypocrisy in your comments when it comes to judging and self centered but......

And no, it’s not the Christian thing, it’s a fabricated tool used by non believers to crutch their argument to create a diversion in order to take attention away from their disdain towards Christianity.;)

I am not making any claims of my own person.
I have zero disdain for Christianity or Christians. Most of my family, friends, acquaintances, customers and people that I interact with daily are Christians.

I am discussing what is being said in here by Christians about other Christians.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I have zero disdain for Christianity or Christians. Most of my family, friends, acquaintances, customers and people that I interact with daily are Christians.

I am discussing what is being said in here by Christians about other Christians.
So basic English is required to complete school, at least in my state. We were not taught that disagreeing or forming difference in opinions meant you were better than than the one you disagree with.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Of course not.:unsure:

" - I would say the typical Christian doesn't act Christ like the overwhelming majority of their daily life for the entirety of their life

- But when you cursed the car in traffic today, snuck a peek at the chick with the low cut blouse, threw the gum wrapper on the ground, rolled your eyes at the handicapped person holding up the line, blew your top at the idiot employee,

- If you were miced up and followed by a camera crew 24/7 you would cringe at how unlike Jesus you are.

- there are dozens of other qualities and commands which you and most others are unable to adhere to.

- Who honestly is the best Christian? Which denomination, which parish, which individual? You? I know it isn't you because you are violating a couple of Jesus's commands by merely judging the WB crowd.

- I want to know what they do that is different from you.
Not the high and mighty internet persona, but what you do when nobody is looking. You already broke a Jesus command above even questioning others."

- I am not saying or implying that I am somehow better than anyone else. That is the Christian thing"

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Of course not.:unsure:

" - I would say the typical Christian doesn't act Christ like the overwhelming majority of their daily life for the entirety of their life

- But when you cursed the car in traffic today, snuck a peek at the chick with the low cut blouse, threw the gum wrapper on the ground, rolled your eyes at the handicapped person holding up the line, blew your top at the idiot employee,

- If you were miced up and followed by a camera crew 24/7 you would cringe at how unlike Jesus you are.

- there are dozens of other qualities and commands which you and most others are unable to adhere to.

- Who honestly is the best Christian? Which denomination, which parish, which individual? You? I know it isn't you because you are violating a couple of Jesus's commands by merely judging the WB crowd.

- I want to know what they do that is different from you.
Not the high and mighty internet persona, but what you do when nobody is looking. You already broke a Jesus command above even questioning others."

- I am not saying or implying that I am somehow better than anyone else. That is the Christian thing"
I can only assume that in your stste required basic English class you were not taught to quote the entire reply to show the context, only a small snippet of what you want to use in order to make a point...no matter how incorrect it is.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
So basic English is required to complete school, at least in my state. We were not taught that disagreeing or forming difference in opinions meant you were better than than the one you disagree with.
Were you talking about who qualifies as being Christian or not?
A "D" grade is passing huh?
Was Reading & Comprehension also part of the curriculum?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Were you talking about who qualifies as being Christian or not?
A "D" grade is passing huh?
Was Reading & Comprehension also part of the curriculum?

No, I was not talking about qualifications. You ranted over who is a better Christian. I only said they are not following the teachings of Christ if they are promoting hate.

I later recapped and said they are not following the Christ that I am familiar with.

Following the teachings of Christ is exactly how the label came to be, so yes, reading and comprehension are important.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I can only assume that in your stste required basic English class you were not taught to quote the entire reply to show the context, only a small snippet of what you want to use in order to make a point...no matter how incorrect it is.
Unless you have added to it, the remainder of it will change the context?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No, I was not talking about qualifications. You ranted over who is a better Christian. I only said they are not following the teachings of Christ if they are promoting hate.

I later recapped and said they are not following the Christ that I am familiar with.

Following the teachings of Christ is exactly how the label came to be, so yes, reading and comprehension are important.
What bible and scripture do they use then?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Here is an entire quote. lets see who gets into the "qualifications" and "claims".

"I am not gullible at all.
They all call Christ their Lord. They all find and use scripture to back up their beliefs. They are one of 40,000 denominations that all call themselves Christians.
Despite your differences with theirs, you all get to the same place but in different ways. In their mind you are not as Christian as they are. In your mind they are not Christians let alone as Christian as you.
Where does it end?
Who honestly is the best Christian? Which denomination, which parish, which individual? You?
I know it isn't you because you are violating a couple of Jesus's commands by merely judging the WB crowd.

It is all comical"

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Unless you have added to it, the remainder of it will change the context?
Yes.
Absolutely.
Where in all that was I talking about my own person?
The rest showed exactly who I was talking about.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
What bible and scripture do they use then?
You really want to go there since you brought up comprehension? You do realize that those folks arguing in court every day have read the same laws that you abide by and have an attorney arguing in their defense on their interpretations?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yes.
Absolutely.
Where in all that was I talking about my own person?
The rest showed exactly who I was talking about.
The rest was your "own person". Your thoughts., your accusations, your conclusions.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Here is an entire quote. lets see who gets into the "qualifications" and "claims".

"I am not gullible at all.
They all call Christ their Lord. They all find and use scripture to back up their beliefs. They are one of 40,000 denominations that all call themselves Christians.
Despite your differences with theirs, you all get to the same place but in different ways. In their mind you are not as Christian as they are. In your mind they are not Christians let alone as Christian as you.
Where does it end?
Who honestly is the best Christian? Which denomination, which parish, which individual? You?
I know it isn't you because you are violating a couple of Jesus's commands by merely judging the WB crowd.

It is all comical"
This is the quote..

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The rest was your "own person". Your thoughts., your accusations, your conclusions.
If you interpret that as talking about Me, Myself, I....you have got it all very incorrect.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You really want to go there since you brought up comprehension? You do realize that those folks arguing in court every day have read the same laws that you abide by and have an attorney arguing in their defense on their interpretations?
I'd like to establish what god they worship, I'm gonna say Jesus.

And what Bible/Scripture they use..
I'll say Old and New Testament

Am I wrong?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

"I am not gullible at all. Truth
They all call Christ their Lord. Truth They all find and use scripture to back up their beliefs.Truth
They are one of 40,000 denominations that all call themselves Christians.Truth
Despite your differences with theirs, you all get to the same place but in different ways.Truth
In their mind you are not as Christian as they are. Truth
In your mind they are not Christians let alone as Christian as you.Truth
Where does it end? I still don't know, that is why I asked.
Who honestly is the best Christian? Which denomination, which parish, which individual? You? I am still waiting for your answer.
I know it isn't you because you are violating a couple of Jesus's commands by merely judging the WB crowd. You took yourself out of the running for casting the stone.

It is all comical" As an outsider I stand corrected, it is Pathetic.